AIE Podcast Ep 193 — FFXIV at 50: More than a AARP card
[embedplusvideo height=”343″ width=”560″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1jPJuyE” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/WUxyhHw5lc0?fs=1&vq=hd720″ vars=”ytid=WUxyhHw5lc0&width=560&height=343&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=1&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep6245″ /]
On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
– WoW crashes, in a good way!
– Spreadsheets in space are shipping out
– The Jedis are getting explosive
– And we have Abovan and Bonroku here to talk to us abotu AIE in Final Fantasy ARRRR
All that and more coming up right now…
For those of you who just brought a number of new level 90 characters into the guild, but have no idea how to play them, don’t worry. Blizzard has published a number of “crash course” videos that give you a quick overview of one DPS specialization for each class in the game. You’ll find these on the Battle.Net site or in the link in our show notes.
If you haven’t heard, AIE Universal is moving to a new section of space, and time is running out for you to get all your junk over to the new home. They will be closing down the corporation headquarters in Shamahi, so if you have stuff there, get it contracted to Stu ASAP. Deadline is this weekend, so get a move on, rookie.
Arveshet is looking to put together a 16-man HM Explosive Conflict group this Wednesday, May 28th, at 8:30 Eastern. In addition to being a lot of fun, this will get everyone through the hardest part of the quest to get the Aratech speeder. If you’re level 50+ and want in on this, see Arveshet’s sign-up post in the SWTOR forums.
Blizzard has announce the overwhelmingly popular legendary drop rate that they came out with to celebrate their 15th anniversary has been so overwhelmingly popular that they’ve decide to keep it! That’s right, the base drop rate for legendary items has officially gone to plaid!
– Comicapalooza Friday May 23rd (tomorrow) 5:00pm, Houston, TX
– Kalamazoo Drafthouse, X-Men Days of Future Past viewing, Sunday May 25th 2:00pm Kalamazoo MI
And with that…
Welcome and hello once again!
We have gone over the entry level game before, and some patch content.
Live letter is tomorrow (Friday), so if you not listening live, there may be new patch content coming news available.
But for today, let’s talk the max level game of FFXIV. Of the podcast’s own, Alludra is a brand new level 50. So, let’s talk what can someone do, who is a brand new max level character in FFXIV.
This is accurate as of patch 2.25, incase you are listening to this as a download. 2.3 is coming soon!
Finish story quests, class quests.
50% XP bonus for defeating monsters on all other classes.
Relic Quest Line is in Appendix 1 at the bottom for reference.
The Wanderer’s Palace
Lost City of Amdapor
Copperbell Mines Hard Mode
Haukke Manor Hard Mode
Halitali Hard Mode
Brayflox’s Longstop Hard Mode
Garuda Hard Mode
Ifrit Hard Mode
Titan Hard Mode
Unlock High Level Roulettes
Low Level Dungeon Rolettes
High Level Dungeon Rolettes
Beast Tribe Daily Quests
4 Stages of each, can do 6 quests a day.
Main Scenario Quests
Patch 2.1 and 2.2 Added and expanded story content.
Hildebrand quest lines are awesome!
Small quest line to attune to CT.
Binding Coil of Bahamut
Unlock Extreme Mode Trials
And that’s our show for tonight, We want to thank Abovan and Bonroku for joining us!
Also, Chocobo Stable Podcast!
Next week we’ll be talking to the gang from The Secret World
Stay tuned, as we’ve got a full ride of great AIE members segments coming right up, including…
– Buxley’s Journal
– Ask Miss Mulgra
– Overly Dramatic News
– Mega Minute
– Much Lesser Known Shas
But first, if you need to reach us, we can be found at…
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Twitter @aiepodcast, @shownotfound @acuzod @alludra_aie
– We record live with video every Thursday at 9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us, or watch one of our past shows, on our website at TheAIEPodcast.com
– Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website keyswithsoul.com!
Until next time, AIE.
– This is AcuZod
– This is Alludra
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.
Kudos to Kazrik for this week’s show title.
FFXIV Relic Weapon Quest.
- Level 50
- Finish your class and story quests
- Talk to Nedrick Ironheart in Vesper Bay to pick up quest “A Relic Reborn”
- Talk to Rowena in Revenant’s Toll
- Talk to Gerolt, in North Shroud
- Go to directed Beastmen Stronghold and find quest item “broken relic weapon”
Zaha’rak = PLD, MNK
Natalan = BRD, DRG
U’Ghamaro Mines = WAR, WHM, BLM
Sapsa Spawning Grounds = SCH
Sylphlands = SMN
- Aquire Class weapon and meld with 2 Grade 3 Materia
PLD = Aeolian Scimitar + 2 Battledance III
WAR = Barbarian’s Bardiche + 2 Battledance III
MNK = Wilding Cesti + 2 Savage Aim III
DRG = Champion’s Lance + 2 Savage Aim III
BRD = Longarm’s Composite Bow + 2 Heaven’s Eye III
WHM = Madman’s Whispering Rod + 2 Quicktongue III
BLM = Sanguine Scepter + 2 Savage Might III
SCH = Erudite’s Picatrix Of Healing + 2 Quicktongue III
SMN = Erudite’s Picatrix Of Casting + 2 Savage Might III
- Aquire Alumina Salts from D’horme Chimera in Coerthas. Must be the job you are working on the relic weapon for. This can be done via the duty finder.
- Aquire Amdapoor Glyph by running Amdapoor Keep. Must be the job you are working on the relic weapon for. This can be done via the duty finder. Turn in to Rowena in Revenant’s Toll.
- Slay 24 beastmen in respective stronghold.
PLD = 8x Zahar’ak Lancers, 8x Pugilists, 8x Thaumaturges
WAR = 8x U’Ghamaro Quarrymen, 8x Bedesmen, 8x Priests
MNK = 8x Zahar’ak Lancers, 8x Pugilists, 8x Archers
DRG = 8x Natalan Boldwings, 8x Fogcallers, 8x Swiftbeaks
BRD = 8x Natalan Boldwings, 8x Fogcallers, 8x Windtalons
WHM = 8x U’Ghamaro Quarrymen, 8x Bedesmen, 8x Priests
BLM = 8x U’Ghamaro Quarrymen, 8x Bedesmen, 8x Priests
SCH = 8x Sapsa Shelfspine, 8x Shelfclaw, 8x Shelftooth
SMN = 8x Sylpheed Sighs, 8x Screeches, 8x Snarls
- Defeat Hydra. This can be done via the Duty Finder Must be the job you are working on the relic weapon for.
- Defeat Ifrit Hard Mode for the White-hot Ember. This can be done via the Duty Finder Must be the job you are working on the relic weapon for.
- Defeat Garuda Hard Mode for the Howling Gale. This can be done via the Duty Finder Must be the job you are working on the relic weapon for.
- Defeat Titan Hard Mode for the Hyperfused Ore. This can be done via the Duty Finder Must be the job you are working on the relic weapon for.
- Purchase Bottle of Radz-at-Han Quenching Oil for 225 Mythology Tombstones
- Turn into Gerlot in North Shroud
Level 80 Relic Acquired!
- To get level 90 Relic, need to farm up 900 Mythology Tombstones for 3 Thavnairian Mist in Revenant’s Toll.
- It is 3, regadless if you are a 2h weapon or 1h and a shield. If you use a 2h, 3 are needed. 1h and an offhand, your offhand will be 1, and your weapon will then be 2.
- Use the forge by Gerlot and you will get your Relic +1.
Level 90 Relic Acquired! (Zenith)