On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- Happy 2023!!! Now, back away slowly, we don’t want any trouble
- Time to get our raids, ops, maps, and trials back in order.
- Don’t forget Lunar New Year!
- Or, those Ill Omens!
- And, we have Kelseer here to talk about FFXIV!
All that and more coming up right now…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Welcome to episode #398 of the podcast celebrating you, the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. This is Mewkow: To my left is Mkallah: – (Hey, everyone, we are finally done with the holiday treats in the guild kitchen. Now, for Valentine’s day!). And to my right is Tetsemi: (catch phrase here). This week we are joined by special guests Kelseer who is here to talk to us about AIE in FFXIV Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into FFXIV shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
Mandatory Fun Nights
Where the fun is mandatory but the attendance is not. Please be aware, we have a change of schedule with STO
Sunday – WoW Classic 2 pm Eastern
Monday – GW2 9:30 pm Eastern
Tuesday – SWTOR 9 pm Eastern
Thursday – FFXIV (Sprout Raid) 10:00 pm Eastern
Thursday- STO 11:00 pm Eastern
Friday – ESO 9 pm Eastern
Friday – FFXIV (Mount Farming) Various times, usually starting at 8pm EST or later
Friday – FFXIV(Magical Misc Tour) 9pm Eastern
Saturday – LotRO 8:30 pm Eastern
Saturday – FFXIV (Maps) 9:30 pm Eastern
Saturday – Noob Raid (WoW) 11 pm Eastern
Streaming and Guild Podcast News
We have a ton of AIE member podcasts! Want to know where to find them? Look no further than here-
SWTOR Escape Podcast (Max and Sema)
Behind the Games Podcast (Jeff aka Max and Sema)
Working Class Nerds (Marcus and Nick) – NSFL
Boards and Swords (Chris and Philip)
Dr. Gameology ( Dr. Daniel Kaufmann )
STO – Fleet Action Report (Grebog and Nikodas)
A Podcast Reborn: A FFXIV Community Podcast (Brandon aka Old Man Franks, Meagan, and Rho) – NSFL
AIE has a handful of people checking in each week as the overall population of New World continues to grow and the “recent reviews” continue to remain high. The new zones and holiday content were a highlight. It’s quiet but if anyone wants to check it out they just need to ask and we can get them in the AIE Company.
No Man Sky is wrapping up their end-of-year expedition replays which are a fun way to see the game.
The AIE presence has been reduced to one guild. Membership is still open for anyone to join. As always, drop a request in the lostark discord channel once you’ve submitted an application.
Activity is low for the game, use discord to find partners for activities.
The game’s roadmap for 2023 includes a new continent next month while the January update going live on the 18th features a special themed “Witcher” event with various cosmetics. (Rich opportunity to discuss all the Netflix Witcher drama).
January Update: https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/january-2023-update-announce
Now that the holidays are past us, Noob Raid has resumed. We are currently working though wing 1 and 2 of LFR. Unfortunately due to game restraints, there is an ilvl requirement of 359 but in a few weeks we will probably dive into normal.
Acclaimed Ulduar 10/25 raid is starting next Thursday, with a Hard Mode available for each boss independently
Current (older) 10 man content will drop 25 man content, to stay relevant
Current (older) 25 man content will drop even more 25 man loot than before
5 man dungeons will have a Hard Mode option for better gear (old Naxx 10), to stay relevant
daily 5 man dungeon quest will reward the new tokens and new crafting orb, making it very useful
The season of snowballs has come to a close and we are looking forward to 2023. 2022 brought a lot of infrastructure, UI, and behind-the-scenes revamping, so we are hoping 2023 will bring us a lot of really cool player-facing content.
Showdown on Rhunuk dropped in December. It brought a large story chunk, a new planet, new dailies, a new reputation track, and new achievements (including some hidden ones). The cinematics that came with this content update have been the best so far.
Additionally, a flashpoint (and story beat) that we previously thought was just part of a side story is turning out to have tendrils feeding back into the main story. We are waiting for Malgus’s next move.
Join us on Tuesday nights when we knock out some Operations, Conquest targets, and Galactic Seasons targets. Everyone is welcome.
Cool things the guild has been doing:
– MFN’s have resumed after our holiday break and we’ve been venturing into trials again.
Things planned or coming up for the guild:
– The next Tales of Tribute tournament starts Monday January 16th. This time it will only run for four weeks and consist of 3 matches per week. Places 1-10 will be paid out again with 1st place getting 1 mil gold. If you are not already registered, and you are interested, reach out to Kraemer in the discord and thank you to Kraemer and Dragger for funding the event again.
See Game Notes
Fed fleet is days, maybe a week out from starting the Tier 5 Renewable Energy project, which will then let us start the Colony major Tier 5 project after it.
KDF Fleet Starbase Tier 2 is counting down now. The dilithium mine is knocking at the door for Tier 3 and completion
Fun nights are still Thursday at 10pm Eastern. Come and join us, just set your phasers to fun.
The Lunar New Year festival is back and has 2 more weeks to run. We had a chill Dungeons and More night on Friday, trying the festival activities. New weapons set this year, “Fireworks”. MFN is still happening every Monday night.
It is a new year, we are half way through January and that means one of the best events is almost here. The ill omens skirmish event will run from February 2nd-February 27th. Let’s group up and earn some pets and other rewards.
And with that, let’s get back to Kelseer and find out what’s going on in FFXIV.
FFXIV just got patch 6.3!
- Continues with the story of your character trying to find something to do in his retirement after saving the universe, And the Void story line that started with 6.3.
- As a great redditor said, we got “Zero character development!” this patch, aka character development for the character we met in a previous patch named Zero.
- Also continues the Myths of the Realm 24 main raid story line, where we explore more about the 12 Gods of Eorzea.
- Big fan of this as it is one of the big mysteries since 1.0.
- Maybe talk about primals vs “Real” gods?
- Primals are created via magic(Aether) and like to enslave people.
- The primals of the gods(Dynamis) were summoned at the end of 1.0 to seal Bahamut away, so even an in-game character states that is all they are and they are not real, just like Ifrit or Garuda.
- I’ll let the game speak to me if that is true or not.
- If you like violins and fiddles I highly suggest this latest raid.
- If you like music I recommend FFXIV generally.
- And actually I recommend FFXIV generally.
- If you like music I recommend FFXIV generally.
- Lots of additional story content
- Paladin got a big rework which is somewhat rare for FFXIV in the middle of an expac.
- Paladin would cycle into melee and holy magic phases, very rigid rotation.
- Both mix now more regularly in the rotation, and it is much less rigid.
- 1 mistake won’t ruin your DPS anymore.
- Despite having a shield paladin was sort of the least defensive tank in terms of its cooldowns. THis has been fixed.
- They fixed Machinist for high latency players as well
- Got a new map dungeon which is more focused on boss fights. Fights are not a pushover!
- Big expansion to the amount of houses available. 1800 added per server.
- Auto demolition has begun as well so more houses will be coming as those who have left the game’s houses get demolished in 45 days from patch day
- New PVP arena and Island Sanctuary updates. Ever want to have a morbol farm? Well now you can, you freak!
- But no one cares about any of that. WHat you really want to know is that your character can now automatically get an umbrella out when it rains. Even when walking into rain from a sheltered area!
The rest of the 6.3 patch series will include:
- New ultimate raid, “The Omega Protocol”
- New deep dungeon, Eureka Orthos
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures
- Next stage of our relic weapons.
- Relic tools for crafters and gatherers
- New tribal quests for crafters. Is saying the name of the tribe a spoiler?
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Kelseer for joining us.
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at email@example.com . You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mew is at @themewkow, Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and look for the link to our discord server at https://aie-guild.org. And for past episodes, you can see them on our Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/c/TheAIEPodcast ! Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website http://andrewallenmusic.com/
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segments we received this week, including…
We are working on getting our podcast schedule set for 2023, if you have something you want to come on and talk to us about, contact us! We aren’t sure who our guests will be next show, but we will certainly let you know! So until then, AIE…
– This is Kelseer
– This is Mewkow
– This is Mkallah
– This is Tetsemi
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.