On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- Our crew is hard at work due to the Dual Universe launch
- Just what IS Kiddy Agro up to?
- Do you like to run Ops? SWTOR needs you!
- STO welcomes everyone to Fleet Week!
- And, we have Dux and Maellung who are here to talk to us about AIE in LOTRO
All that and more coming up right now…
Welcome to episode #394 of the podcast celebrating you, the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. This is Tetsemi: To my left is Mewkow: – (catch phrase here). And to my right is Mkallah: (catch phrase here). This week we are joined by special guests Dux and Maellung who are here to talk to us about AIE in LOTRO. Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into LOTRO shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
Mandatory Fun Nights
Where the fun is mandatory but the attendance is not.
Sunday – WoW Classic 2 pm Eastern
Sunday – STO 8:30 pm Eastern
Monday – GW2 9:30 pm Eastern
Tuesday – SWTOR 9 pm Eastern
Thursday – FFXIV (Sprout Raid) 10:00 pm Eastern
Friday – ESO 9 pm Eastern
Friday – FFXIV (Mount Farming) Various times, usually starting at 8pm EST or later
Saturday – LotRO 8:30 pm Eastern
Saturday – FFXIV (Maps) 9:30 pm Eastern
Saturday – Noob Raid (WoW) 11 pm Eastern
Streaming and Guild Podcast News
Hand First VR – Behind The Games chat with Jason Parks of ROTU
ROTU has a series of VR games that push the boundaries of where VR experiences are headed. Their latest game, Eolia combines amazing music and audio, lore, story, and exploration with a hands first VR design for the Meta Quest 2. Jason Parks, the CEO, joins us to talk about the game, tech and all the other amazing things he and his team at ROTU do. Thanks Jason!
Learn more about Eolia and ROTU here: https://www.rotu.com
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 441: DPS Race
The first fight in R4 takes a lot of DPS and our team had to up our game and tune things up to get it on farm. The second half of this episode we’ll talk about tips and recommendations for tuning up DPS and how we all can git gud.
The Gaming Persona – We Did This Show For 2 Years!!
The Live Stream Twitch Celebration of the Two Year Gaming Persona Anniversary occurred on September 14th. Join Dr. Gameology (Dr. Daniel Kaufmann), Jenny Lebron, and Gene Wong on a free flowing conversation looking back at Season 2 of the show, favorite moments, and hopes for the next season. Most of all, Continue the Journey!
Thanks to all of our listeners and supporters. We could not have made the show what it has become without the support and interest from all of you.
Working Class Nerds (NSFW) – Episode 170: Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos!!
With Chronic’s cancellation, the guys are joined by MEGA Nerds Community member DORITOOOOOSSS!! The three of them go over the latest gaming news, including the new Mario movie trailer, God of War: Ragnarok’s incoming release and more! Enjoy!
You can find more of Doritos at:
Join the Nerds Community!
Dual Universe has launched with typical growing pains that come with a game going into full release. AIE’s current dedicated crew have been hard at work progressing through all the things that must be done early in the game to help insure a long, strong, and stable presence within the game.
Participation continues to be very low-key. Note that if you are not yet in “Aie Communitas” please contact Durus in discord to arrange a guild move. The overflow guild is intended for alts and any additional expansion but at this stage of the game we can easily have mains all in one guild.
Research is continuing to be set for each guild every week. If you are still playing or looking for help make sure to shout out in the LostArk channel in the public AIE discord. Remember, if you wish to have an application approved, also mention it there with the hashtag: lostarkapp
News for the game:
* The roadmap for the remainder of 2022 has been posted, highlighting new raids and the Reaper and Summoner advanced classes.
* There are current Twitch drops available until 24 October:
* Another round of Prime Gaming rewards are available from “In-Game Items” at https://gaming.amazon.com/home
Running out of content? Make your own!
Kiddie Aggro did something that was stupid funny today.
We broke into 2 m+ groups that did the same dungeon and key size. The goal was to finish the dungeon (timing was not required) before the other team.
However, an impartial 11th person decided who was the ‘imposter’ on each team.
That person’s goal was to slow down the party enough to lose the challenge to the other team while also being subtle enough not to be discovered.
At the end of the run, each team had a quick discussion and then voted on who they thought was the imposter.
It was very fun and funny.
Noob Raid is making their way through Normal Fated in hopes of killing all the bosses for the mount. It’s been challenging but fun to save the lock outs and focus a bit on progression while still explaining the fights and taking our time.
We’re seeing more new and returning guildies as Dragonflight nears. Please make them feel welcome and help answer questions in Guild chat.
Raids opened in WotLK on Thursday, 10/6, with Naxxramas being cleared on Mankrik in about 1 hour. Akela’s Wrath plans to start raiding on 22 Oct. We are all working toward pre-raid Best in Slot, and running heroic dungeons, working on reputations, and crafting. In general, everything is going great, and WotLK is living up to our expectations!
We are looking forward to 7.1.1 which will bring us Galactic Seasons 3 and Feast of Prosperity. In the meantime, it’s a good time to join one of our Operations teams as some of them have openings. Ask about operations in discord and one of the Ops leaders will respond. For many of the teams, no gear or experience is required.
The Best View in SWTOR contest is back. This is an event where players can submit screenshots of their favorite spots, as long as their favorite spots are on one of the specified planets. Winning screenshots will be made into decorations that all players can then buy for their strongholds.
Cool things the guild has been doing:
– We’ve been running around killing world bosses for the current event
– We’ve been playing our weekly Tales of Tribute matches for the AIE tournament and posting our victories and defeats in discord for all to see.
Things planned or coming up for the guild:
– Dungeons, zone clears, and of course having fun.
– A second ToT tournament is being considered for mid – January and a fishing tournament is being planned.
– The Heroes of High Isle event was a success so don’t forget to collect your rewards from the Crown Store if you own the High Isle chapter. We got new character markings, a new emote, a box of loot that contains more boxes of loot, and the upcoming Firesong DLC for free.
– The bonus challenge for the event to close Vents is still happening, and for every 25% completion towards that goal, the event will be extended by another 2 days. That’s additional time to earn reward boxes and tickets.
– Just an FYI, if you don’t own High Isle yet, it is currently on sale during the event.
Tale of Tribute rankings so far, with 1 week left.
1 – @DPRoberts 12-3
2 – @Kini (Dankinia) [she/her] 11-4
3 – @Newtype72 (Morrogoth) 10-5
4 – @Bashirra 8-7
5 – @Malakyi 7-8
7 – @Tetsemi Lok’vadnod (he/him) 4-11
8 – @Darklightwolf 1-14
(Shaja Moshraka) Elaine of Shalott(e) – October 23rd at 4PM Eastern the FF14 Retro Treasure Map group will be running Stormblood treasure maps. Anyone who is level 70 and has access to all Stormblood zones is welcome to join. Elaine can be contacted either in discord or in game if anyone has any questions. Join us as we search for the Lost Canals, summon opponents from the Shifting Altars and if RNG is truly in our favor perhaps we shall raid the deepest sluice in the Hidden Canals of Uznair and make progress on one the rarest achievements in all of FF14.
Map nights still continue to roll with the merriment and loot. These run weekly on Saturday night, 9:30pm EST. Bringing maps is not required, but highly appreciated.
Lower level map nights also happen every other week. Pay attention to the ffxiv channel in discord will be scheduled next. Big shout out to community member Sahja for organizing this event.
The special 14 hour director’s broadcast has completed, and while there was a lot of zaniness during this time(loporitt guest), we did get a live letter out of it. Mostly showing off the next sub-patch and some other odds and ends. But there was one nugget that is getting us all excited.
Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest is returning to an in-person event!
In North America, on July 28th and July 29 in fabulous Las Vegas, the FFXIV fan fest will return. More details to come when they become available. NA is first, so we’ll get first dibs. (Hint: This is usually when they announce the next expansion too.)
Cryptic Studios is doing a special event called Fleet Week. Starting the 10th and going through the 15th. Fleet Week will cover various topics around the ships of Star Trek, from audio, artwork, form and function, and much, much more. They are bringing in all kinds of special guests to discuss all the various topics, even naval ship analysts and some of the Star Trek Adventures TTRPG gamemasters.
Fleet Action Report has been invited to take part in Fleet Week and will be doing a special event stream on Wednesday the 12th at 12pm Pacific. And we have been given a bunch of codes to give away during the stream. And the codes are not just for pc, we have codes for playstation and xbox as well. Some of the keys we will be giving away even include ships, and we have 1 code for a 10th anniversary 10 legendary ship bundle. We are not the only content creators taking part and not the only ones with codes to give out. So, come support us and also check out the other streams as well.
New roadmap from Arenanet is up for fall and winter. Highlights include Christmas and Halloween (Oct 18th) events, WvW alliances test week, and the Extra Life charity event. As always, AIE Xiphos is there to help if you want to see why GW2 has thrived for a decade. MFN is on Mondays at 9pm ET, dungeons and more night is the 2nd Friday of each month. Still looking for materials for the guild hall, see @jehdai for details.
And with that, let’s get back to Dux & Maellung and find out what’s going on in LOTRO.
- Before the Shadow will be released on November 8th
- Pre-Purchase is open now
- Two new regions
- Basically the area South of the Shire and Bree-Land
- Southern end of Eregion
- Eregion was founded by Celebrimbor the grandson of Feanor, so you know there will be trouble.
- Spanned the river Gwathlo with a large bridge like Osgiliath.
- Numenor founded Vinyalonde nearby to get access to the forests for lumber
- Tyrn Gorthad aka detailing the / Southernmost Barrow-Downs
- Basically the area South of the Shire and Bree-Land
- Once part of Eregion
- It’s the area between the river Mitheithel and Glanduin, it was devastated by Sauron’s attack in the Second Age
- Tweaks have been made to the Old Forest
- It’s part of a major revamp so the zones are 1-32 and have 4 new “epic” quest lines.
- It’s an entirely new starter zone and can be chosen at character creation
- New 6-person instance
- A new skirmish
- Delving difficulty system with new rewards and challenges
- Tier 1-10 difficulty system for higher level characters
- You run a mission at T1 if you finish you get T2 gem. You can work your way up to T10.
- If you fail you get back a broken gem for that level. So you can zero in on the difficulty level that fit your play-style and character
- Success gets you Delving Gems, Delving Writs, and other items to barter for.
- As LOTRO.com guide says “lest you … delve too greedily…”.
- Daily quests + tie up wrapper
Freequests2022 is the code
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Dux and Maellung for joining us.
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mew is at @themewkow, Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and our Discord server for chat at https://aie-guild.info/discord . And for past episodes, you can see them on our Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/c/TheAIEPodcast ! Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website http://andrewallenmusic.com/
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segments we received this week, including…
Coffee and Community Chat from Maellung & Lars Gagner
Next time, we’ll possibly be talking to Jehdai and/or Dejara in Guild Wars 2. So until then, AIE…
– This is Dux
– This is Maellung
– This is Tetsemi
– This is Mewkow
– This is Mkallah
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.