On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- WoW classic is on the move
- Where in the Galaxy is Sema San Diego?
- Final Fantasy Fanfest was fantastic
- STO TFO is incoming…..soon
- and we have Maellung and Dux here to talk about AIE in LOTRO
All that and more coming up right now…
Welcome to episode #367 of the podcast celebrating you, the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. This is Mewkow: To my left is Mkallah: – (ummm, the guild kitchen is looking for a sous chef). And to my right is Tetsemi: (catch phrase here). This week we are joined by special guests Maellung and Dux who are here to talk to us about AIE in LOTRO Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into LOTRO shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
Mandatory Fun Nights
Where the fun is mandatory but the attendance is not.
Sunday – WoW Classic 2 pm Eastern
Sunday – STO 8:30 pm Eastern
Monday – GW2 9:30 pm Eastern
Tuesday – SWTOR 9 pm Eastern
Tuesday – FFXIV (Casual Raiding) 9:30 pm Eastern
Wednesday – FFXIV (Fun Night) 9:00 pm Eastern
Thursday – FFXIV (Progression Raiding) 9:30 pm Eastern
Friday – ESO 9 pm Eastern
Friday – FFXIV (Late Night Fun Night) 11:00 pm Eastern
Saturday – LotRO 8:30 pm Eastern
Saturday – FFXIV (Maps) 9:30 pm Eastern
Saturday – Noob Raid (WoW) 11 pm Eastern
Streaming and Guild Podcast News
SWTOR – http://www.newoverlords.com/
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 380: Vet Mode Vets
Marcus joins us to help put a cap on our vet mode series!
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 381: Solo Flashpoint Tips
Solo Flashpoints! Lots of new players are doing them for story for the first time so we pull in guild member, officer and AIE Podcaster Tetsemi to help talk tips for getting it done.
Working Class Nerds – https://workingclassnerdscom.wordpress.com/
Episode 105: Atrax is in The Bad Batch!!!
Marcus and Nick chat with Twitch Streamer Atrax!! They talk about what it’s like to be a variety streamer, AAANNDD Break down the new episode of The Bad Batch! SPOILER WARNING during: 57m – 1hr 28m You can find more of Atrax at: https://www.twitch.tv/A_Atrax
Episode 106: Armenastra Gaming!!!
This episode, Marcus and Nick are joined by the great and powerful Armenastra!! Armenastra is not only a great streamer on twitch, but she’s an award winning actor as well! The whole gang chats about the difference between those two worlds, their shared love of Star Wars and of course the games they’re playing. Enjoy!
You can find more of Armenastra at: https://www.twitch.tv/armenastra
We’re gearing up to take down the next boss (Moder) in Valheim. Anyone interested in joining the fun should jump into the Discord channel so we can coordinate a time and work to get everyone the items they’ll need for the fight.
Most of the current WoW news is focused on WoW Classic, however, here’s a brief raid wrap-up
DoA is now 1/10 Heroic
HFO (Alliance Raid team) is 4/10 Heroic Castle Nathria.
PJFC is 9/10 Heroic
If you have an alliance character that’s looking to raid, reach out to Fezgig in AIE Discord for time and day for HFO!
Guild is in the process of moving to Mankrik (but character moving is paused until pre-patch) then to TBC on Tuesday (that’s when you decide, for each character, if it goes to TBC or stays in Classic Forever) ; no presence of AIE in Classic Forever is expected
The Burning Crusade pre-patch is hitting Live on Tuesday, with new race and all classes on both sides (for Horde, Blood Elf and Paladin) ; levelling is 30% faster (on average)
TBC will be live in two weeks on June 1st, and we’ll be able to go through the Dark Portal
MEGA this month will be Friday the 21st. Join Marcus, Looci, and Tabbytha as they lead us in a hunt for clues to solve the mystery of “Where in the Galaxy is Sema San Diego”.
Double XP, Renown, and Valor is still ongoing in SWTOR until the 18th. XP is always pretty fast in SWTOR, but during this period it goes right to ludicrous speed!
Also, login and check out the new battle pass system called Galactic Seasons. The first season goes for 5 months and awards a new companion, enough currency to buy a new Fleet Stronghold, and many other rewards. It’s a little overwhelming at first glance, so don’t hesitate to join discord and ask questions.
The Final Fantasy Digital Fanfest has come to a close, but exciting stuff was revealed for the next expansion, Endwalker!
1. The new Melee DPS class is “Reaper”, a 2 handed scythe wielder who appears to employ magic from the Void in their attacks, along with summoning what is FFXIV’s version of a demon to both attack and to fuse with during certain phases of the rotation. It will share gear with Dragoon, require a level 70 to access and start at level 70.
2. As was speculated from the first trailer, we will finally get to visit Old Sharlayan in Endwalker. Any veterans from 1.0 will recognize the name of this polis to the far north west of Eorzea, from which many of our allies originate. But will the Sharlayans take to the field with us as the Final Days approach, or will they continue to stay holed up in the walls of their grand city?
3. The male Viera have finally shown their face! As of right now Viera are a female exclusive race, but in Endwalker all aspiring bunnies will get to pick from both genders. Hrothgar will stay exclusively male at Endwalker’s release but the plan is to release female hrothgar as soon as they are ready.
4. Endwalker will release on November 23rd 2021, with early access beginning November 19th. This stretches the definition of “Fall 2021” a bit, as admitted by the dev team. But new content will be released in Patch 5.55 to keep us busy between now and then.
1. Patch 5.55 will be released on May 25th, 2021
2. This will include the final story chapter of the 5.X series, leading into Endwalker.
3. The “Save the Queen” storyline, where we liberate Bozja from Garlemald, continues with the release of a new battlefield, Zadnor, and a new 48 main raid called “”. This will include the final stages of the Shadowbringer’s Relic Weapon!
4. The Final Fantasy 15 collaboration will return in September! Get the chance to hangout with Noctis and much more importantly, steal his car!
Did you know that FFXIV’s free trial goes to level 60, and includes the critically-acclaimed expansion Heavensward? Considering the wait for the expansion, now is the perfect time to come join us in FFXIV!
Clearing zones of Skyshards and Worldbosses
Clearing Public dungeons
Being lead off cliffs by Dankinia
MFN’s activities happen each week and involve either zone clears, daily dungeon runs, and/or public dungeon clears. Next week we will be focusing on clearing a couple of public dungeons
The Explorer’s Celebration mini event is now live until May 20th and rewards double exp from every source which will stack with xp boosts such as scrolls. It also gives double gold from kills, quests, and other sources and increased yield from harvest nodes (except fishing). There are no event tickets rewarded as part of this event.
1st: New TFO Announced: Remain Klingon, but no release date has been given.
2nd: 20% Ship Sale until May 17th
3rd: Upgrade Weekend until May 17th
4th: Tholian Trouble Event until May 25th. 14 days of progress to earn Tholian Web Array Universal Console.
Earn progress in 2 revamped TFOs;
The Vault: Ensnared or Azure Nebula Rescue
5th: Fleet Action Report is looking for anyone interested in helping with a PVP episode to take place in about 6 weeks. If interested, you can find contact information at FleetActionReport.com.
Major class re-balance patch hit this week. There is a chance your favorite class might be the meta now. Same deal as last time with the living world stuff. Dungeon night 2nd Friday of the Month, next one is going to be June 11th.
See Game News
This weekend has been a 25% bonus to all Skirmish Mark gains
The buried treasure event should begin on May 27th
The Midsummer event will be next month with rumors of new rewards
Update 30 ‘Blood of Azog’ expected on the bullroarer test server this week
Update 31 is Gundabad and should include the new Brawler (i.e. Tulkas?) class
In the works:
A Landscape Difficulty System
An Opt-In system, not automatic
You can increase the difficulty of an area to match your level.
Think of it as a lure / bonus to ‘go back and finish those deeds’
Class balance meetings are in the works. Stay tuned
More Dev talks on the way as either an in-show guest, or with a dedicated show
PvMP continues mainly on Tues/Thurs evenings
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Dux and Maellung for joining us.
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mew is at @themewkow, Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and our Discord server for chat at https://aie-guild.info/discord . And for past episodes, you can see them on our Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/c/TheAIEPodcast ! Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website http://andrewallenmusic.com/
Next time, we’ll be talking to Kini in ESO. So until then, AIE…
– This is Mewkow
– This is Mkallah
– This is Tetsemi
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.