The AIE Podcast #287 – WoW War Stories Until Blizzcon Mercifully Happens
On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- Tetsemi: We have new suckers, we mean officers
- Mewkow: Blizzon Guild hall is a GO
- Mkallah: the virtual Guild Hall needs carrots!
- Tetsemi: We have Captain Cybyl’s STO updates
- Mewkow: And, we are talking to ourselves about Blizzcon predictions and more!
All that and more coming up right now…
Welcome to episode #287 of the the podcast celebrating the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. This is Mkallah: To my left is Tetsemi: – (catch phrase here). And to my right is Mewkow: (catch phrase here). This week we are joined by special guests US, to talk to the comings and goings of AIE!
Ok, we’ll be digging into what we have been up to shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
Welcome to our newest AIE Officers – Cirol and Dankinia (of Noob Raid Fame) who have graciously accepted their roles in the AIE Officer corps!
AIE Blizzcon Hall News and GoFundMe
We’re going to have the AIE Guild at Blizzcon once again and Mewkow hopes to see everyone there! It will be open both days of Blizzcon and is a good place to meet up with fellow guildies, relax, and take a break from all the hectic Blizzcon activities. If you’d like to help out with the expenses this year, please see the GoFundMe page we have for that purpose. https://www.gofundme.com/nkft3-guildhall
Speaking of Blizzcon, events are already underway to determine who will crowned champion of several eSports at Blizzcon. Check out the Blizzcon schedule here – https://blizzcon.com/en-us/schedule to see what’s available to watch.
Playing Destiny 2 and want to join AIE? Check out the thread Durus has in the forums about what’s going on. http://forum.myextralife.com/topic/57467-destiny-2-clan/page-2 Currently we’ve filled up one clan (they only hold 100 characters) and have created a second clan for those that still wish to join.
Destiny 2 News:
* PC release is out now!
* Clans are “meta” : all platforms (xbox, psn, pc) are in the clan but you only see the in-game roster for the specific platform you’re currently playing.
* The roster is currently broken on PC (it was on the console at release as well).
* The PC clan members are reaping the rewards of the console players’ efforts the past few months. We are at the max clan level and receiving all perks for the current season. No announcement yet on when seasons will cycle.
* Embrace the new “social” tab in the Blizzard app. Join the PC Blizzard social group “AIE Destiny 2” The invite link is pinned in the AIE Discord #nomads channel: https://blizzard.com/invite/ka2DgUJWk
* Pro tip: Only use “Powerful Engrams” once your current power level seems to stall. They will redeem a much higher power level piece of gear to help push you over the stalled gear level hump (Where NPCs seem to only offer a max level piece of gear despite your current gear level progression).
* The raid releases on 1 Nov.
Patch 7.3.2 dropped since our last show and has a lot of tweaks to several character classes. Notes can be found here, https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21121541 , but one of Tetsemi’s favorite updates is that they added a Primal Sagerite vendor to the Vindicar so you can trade in Primal Sargerite for Argus materials. This is much better than, for Tetsemi, than trying to prospect ore to get the right color gem, instead you can just buy it for 10 Primal Sagerites.
There are also a bunch of changes that didn’t make it into the patch notes and WoWHead has them all – https://www.wowhead.com/news=274728/undocumented-changes-in-patch-7-3-2 One of my favorite ones is that they fixed it so you can turn in Argus quests no matter where the Vindicar is located. Personally, I got used to moving the ship to all three locations just to make sure I wasn’t missing any quests and to do the turn-ins.
Also, with Blizzcon coming up this weekend, be sure to tune in and find out what’s in store for WoW (and other Blizzard games) and where we’re going after Argus.
Mega Server Unification coming on 08-Nov w/patch notes available here – http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/ This will reduce the total number of servers in SWTOR to 5, 2 in the US, and 3 in Europe. There is currently a bit of unhappiness with the announced move of both US servers into the Virginia Data Center, especially from those players in the Asia Pacific region who are experiencing higher latency and lower game responsiveness. Follow this thread to see if more information is forthcoming – http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9452485#edit9452485
MFN will be Pub side this Tuesday, which will likely mean Imps in Pub costumes, according to Apolas
Are you running out of character slots and don’t want to purchase any more than you already have? Well, in the upcoming patch, everyone will be getting 12 new characters slots and the maximum number of character slots will be going up from 52 to 100. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9453663#post9453663
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 215: A Ride On The Black Talon
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-215 take a ride on the Black Talon.
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 216: Live From Dromund Kaas
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-216 start missions on Dromund Kaas in our continuing live character playthrough series.
* Big turnout this past Friday for Final Fantasy Fun Night, fun was had.
* Seasonal Event for “All Saints’ Wake” is active now, ends 1 Nov. (get your werewolf outfit!)
* Yokai Watch event comes to a close on 1 Nov as well.
* Patch 4.11 (active now) brings with it the first high end “Ultimate” duty: The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate)
Captain Cybyl’s Star Trek Online News Summary for week ending 10/29/2017:
1. The Earth celebration known as Halloween is spreading to the galaxy’s greatest vacation destination, Risa, and you can show off your costume to win a piece of Star Trek Online history! This Tuesday, October 31st, Ambassador Kael will bring a special Twitch livestream to Risa at 3pm PT. Show up and enter into a costume contest to win an original boxed copy of Star Trek Online, autographed by the entire development team! The contest will be judged by STO’s Lead Character Artist Ian Castaneda, so make sure you show up looking your best. Times, places and rules are on the STO website!
2. The new Dranuur Colony fleet starbase’s next upgrade project has been unlocked: ‘Colony Beatification: Glass Floor’. This is an even more feng shui project to add a glass floor and what appears to be an aquarium below it to the fleet starbase. See the STO website for details.
3. The ’Melting Pot’ mission, released October 3rd, will be unlocking week 4 replay rewards. This will add the Inundated Shielding and Counter-Balanced Munitions sets along with the usual enhanced universal tech upgrade tokens or Specialisation Points. STO website has the details
4. A C-Store sale ending Monday, October 30th, is underway now, which includes a 20% Services discount, a 15% Lockbox Key discount and a 20-Key bundle pack which includes an Ultimate Tech Upgrade toke in every box. Act now for these bonus discounts!
5. Every October 31st and any Friday the 13th, ‘Hearts and Minds’, a fun, one-act horror story mission, is released for a limited time. Watch for it on October 31st and subsequent Friday’s the 13th. Haunt the STO website for the chilling details.
6. Finally, don’t forget: All the Fleet’s Star Bases are always seeking contributions of materiel and personnel. And once again, please check out news, backstories, patch notes, forums and other goodies at the Star Trek Online website .
Until next time, Captain Cybyl says, ‘Live Long and Prosper’!
Guild Hall needs Carrots. The guild hall buildout needs lots of resources, including 1000 carrots (for the harvesting bonus). Please contribute if you can. The Guild Treasurer NPC near the central waypoint shows what we need and takes the donations. Thanks to all who have contributed so far.
And with that, let’s talk about what we have been doing in and out of game, and maybe a quick Blizzcon prediction or two.
Mkallah: Gaming of the character sheet and dice variety.
Friday night D&D- after getting flung 1200 years into the future to a timeline where it has all gone to hell in a handbasket and our characters did some things that we don’t know about, plus being told that we are going to be gods, we had a fun Halloween event. And, by fun I mean an in game version of Dead by Daylight where we fought Jason Voorhees and Mike Myers last game, and Freddy for the big finale this game. Damn, it was rough.
Wednesday night D&D- StormKing’s Thunder – We spent some time in the remains of a giant Giant feasting hall, investigated a magical statue of unknown origin, and fought giant spiders that decided that two of our party members were best encased in spider web.
Monday night- D&D- Investigated the city of Phandelver, met a very depressed cleric of Tymora, a retired adventurer who took an arrow to the knee, and started finding out just how messed up the Redbrand are!
Got my Priest, as Shadow, up to 110, through the class order hall and mount campaign (including Broken Shore) and now is on Argus on the get 6 followers to 900 iLvl. Started my druid through the Argus campaign as well, just working on the first area.
Raid burnout is a thing, we’re talking a two week hiatus from raiding due to real life and Blizzcon scheduling, so taking the time, in game, to get alts caught up and leveled.
I have a serious Unsullied token issue, worse than the Timeless Isle token issue. My Alliance alt has only 4 slots free, out of 104, on her inventory as she’s holding all the Plate and Mail token pieces that I don’t need on the Horde side, as I’ve gotten the characters that need those tokens all outfitted. Still need to outfit my Monk and DH on the Horde side and my DH on the Alliance side, so the Leather Tokens aren’t an issue right now. And having just got the Priest up to 110, the cloth tokens will now start building up as well.
Protip for alts, the Nethershard Vendor, on the Broken Shore, sells 880 iLvl tokens for your followers, for 400 shards and gear crates for 250 shards. Really good for giving your followers a jump start, especially for Argus missions.
SWTOR, got to attend a Mandatory Fun Night and had fun (mandatorily). We did a 16 person operation on the Imperial Side and I brought my Lightning Sorc, whose is now up to level 104 CXP (slowly climbing up to 300).
D2: Pretty much what little free time I had was playing this. Had already played through the campaign on the console, so this play through was a lot faster and smoother. Decided to go with hunter this time around, since I did titan on console. Slightly different playstyles even with the same guns for all classes. Hunter specific armor bonuses help to make things new.
WoW: Lots of headless horseman runs, even if fruitless. Will need to buckle down and go for the purchasable goodies before it goes away on the 1st. Started Monk alt. Continued Warlock to 110 and DK.
RenFair: Made the 2.5 hour trek out to the TexasRenFest.com grounds yesterday. We took a wagon for the toddler. Seemed to work well enough, even if he just wants to be set loose on the place. With it being halloween weekend, there were more than just the normal ren fair costumes around. A couple Bowie Goblin kings were seen, as well as a Bender, several types of Harleys, and probably too many clowns, and even a Freddy. Jen made the mistake of not going in full garb, so she went home wearing a new outfit.
Mkallah- Obvious, the next WOW expac (Yes, Tet, I went for the Easy One!)
New Overwatch Heroes and hopefully some new shorts, since they are so amazing. Hints on a new IP.
Tetsemi- (That’s what she said!) For WoW, I think we’re going to see a Aldor/Scryers type faction for the next expansion Shadow/Light.
Mewkow-I’m expecting an over the top Overwatch focus this year, with the goodie bag being the first hint. There won’t be anything Diablo of course. WoW expac revealed. Likely seas based. Hearthstone will have plenty to show off. Starcraft 2 is starting to wane, they need to show us something to get our attention.
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank ourselves for joining us.
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mew is at @themewkow. Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and our Discord server for chat at https://bit.ly/AIEPodcastDiscord . Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website http://keyswithsoul.com !
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segment we received this week, including…
Overly Dramatic News – @HuntsTheWind
Altitis – @TheMewKow
We are going to take a few week hiatus due to RL schedules, but will let you know when to expect us back! So, until then, AIE…
– This is Mkallah
– This is Tetsemi
– This is Mewkow
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.