The AIE Podcast #284 – Dude, where’s my Keepstar?
On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- Tetsemi: Clans, with benefits
- Mewkow: Goodie, Goodie, Blizzcon is coming
- Mkallah: Man Pub Fun
- Tetsemi: We have Captain Cybyl’s STO updated
- Mewkow: and Hoots is here to talk to us about AIE in EVE Online
All that and more coming up right now…
Welcome to episode #284 of the the podcast celebrating the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. This is Mkallah: To my left is Tetsemi: – (catch phrase here). And to my right is Mewkow: (catch phrase here). This week we are joined by special guests Hoots who is here to talk to us about AIE in EVE Online Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into EVE shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
We have a Destiny 2 clan set up – http://forum.myextralife.com/topic/57467-destiny-2-clan/ Hop on over to the forum thread for information about how to join and discussion of the clan benefits and weekly caps you may be hitting trying to advance the clan.
If you haven’t already purchased it the Virtual Ticket and Goodie Bag are up for Blizzcon 2017. If you are going to Blizzcon and have a ticket, you’ll get the bag when you go there, but if you’re doing a virtual ticket (like Tet and Mkallah) you’ll have to spring for the goodie bag separately, The good news is, buying the virtual ticket gets you $10.00 US off of the price of the goodie bag.
https://battle.net/shop/en/product/blizzcon-virtual-ticket Also, this year, you get mounts! Smaller, 2 person, that’s right 2 person, versions of the Alliance and Horde gunships. They look really cool, and are fun to fly around in, in game.
Also, they are putting a lot of video content up, for Blizzcon, that is exclusive to Virtual and Physical Ticket holders. Make sure you are logged into your Blizzard account when you hit the Virtual Ticket page – https://blizzcon.com/en-us/watch
Also, do you like in game pets? Do you like helping people in need? Well guess what, the Blizzard Charity Pet is also available for order now. Now, through December 31st the entire price of the pet ($10 US) gets split between American Red Cross Disaster Relief and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). More information on the store page https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-pet-shadow
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-210 walk through the new Stronghold and talk about unlocking, decorating and using it.
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-211 we head on down to spoiler town for some Umbara traitor talk.
Episode 211 is a really good listen if you’ve already been through the latest story beat, it is absolutely full of spoilers, but presents many different angles and interpretations of the story as well as a good discussion of what challenges Bioware faces with allowing players to make ‘hard decisions’ that will end up removing companions from the campaign.
Mandatory Fun Night is on the Republic side this week and the next expansion update is slated for October 10th. So, you’ll have to wait until then to see what the outcome of the latest chapter holds.
Patch 4.1, “The Legend Returns” will be coming out in early October, as soon as they are comfortable giving us an exact release day. Of course, the part we are all waiting for is the opening of the new residental area next to Kugane.
The producers have shared a few more details on how housing transfers will work once the new patch is live. Those with an existing home do NOT need to give up their homes beforehand as it has been in the past. Instead, you will be able to transfer your home to the new plot, wherever it may be, whatever size it may be, and still keep all your placed items that don’t allow pickup.
As a bonus, you will also be able to apply 30% of the purchase price of your old home to the price of the new home. We’ll have our new home buyers ready to go when the patch goes live to get the new AIE faction manor house.
Captain Cybyl’s Star Trek Online News Summary for week ending 9/17/2017:
1. Celebrating Star Trek’s 51st birthday, ZEFilms, the STO official video trailer producer, released a video tribute to the franchise. See ALL versions of the Enterprise in their awesome splendor from 1966 to the present. Visit the STO website for viewing.
2. With Season 14 launching October 18th, an additional backstory, ‘Beyond the Nexus’, has been posted on the STO website. This story provides yet another lead-in to the new season. ‘The Next Generation’ and ‘Deep Space 9’ fans will enjoy this one as well.
3. A ‘Beyond the Nexus’ mission was concurrently released September 12th which will be unlocking unique weekly replay rewards over the next 3 weeks. Week 1 rewards are featuring tech upgrades and the first piece of a trilithium-laced weaponry set. STO website has the details.
4. Following centuries of conflict, the Lukari and Kentari peoples began efforts to reconcile differences and become partners in creating Dranuur Colony. Season 14 makes this colony available as a brand new fleet starbase to customise and upgrade. See the STO website for details.
5. Great news, captains! You no longer have to be intimidated by the over-powered Romulan Scimitar dreadnoughts! New Allied Flight Deck Cruisers have been released for ALL factions on the C-Store! These cruisers are easily the most powerful attack ships ever devised. The juicy details are posted on the website.
6. Speaking of new starships, by sheer coincidence, this weekend is a 20%-off starship sale in the C-Store until September 18th. Is there a new science ship, dreadnaught or even a flight deck cruiser on your list? Grab it now!
7. Also this weekend is a Bonus Marks event until September 18th. Earn an additional 50% more marks on any mission awarding marks upon completion.
8. Finally, don’t forget: The AIE Fleet’s Star Bases are always seeking contributions of materiel and personnel. And once again, please check out news, backstories, patch notes, forums and other goodies at the Star Trek Online website .
Until next time, Captain Cybyl says, ‘Live Long and Prosper’!
Path of Fire releases on… Friday the 22nd.
Thats new expac that opens up Elonia and new elite specialization. And mounts.
And with that, let’s get back to Hoots and find out what’s going on in Eve.
EVE? I’m not here to talk about EVE. There’s nothing to talk about in EVE. Except for the not one but two wars that happened since I was last on.
TEST Alliance Please Ignore and Goonswarm Federation invades and retreats from the North.
Then “The South” implodes in a diplomatic fit of sound and fury.
“Legacy Coalition” and Circle of Two drama
Complicated politics involving DRF
Relevant Jin’talks Video.
One of the largest thefts in EVE Online history ended this war
This maybe isn’t the “largest” theft in EVE Online:
There’s a new expansion coming out on October 24th: Lifeblood
RIP My Moongoo POS chains
Lots of things surrounding Mining
Death to the captain’s quarters.
Unrelated AIEU Space Communism.
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Hoots for joining us.
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mew is at @themewkow. Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and our Discord server for chat at https://bit.ly/AIEPodcastDiscord . Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website http://keyswithsoul.com !
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segment we received this week, including…
Hey, no segments! Just remember, if you want to submit a segment, contact us! We love having guildies as content producers.
Mkallah: Next time, we’ll be talking to someone about something to be determined!. So until then, AIE…
– This is Mkallah
– This is Tetsemi
– This is Mewkow
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.
Addendum – Show Titles suggested but not used
Show title: Eve, it’s complicated…. Really, Really Complicated.
Show Title 1: The Zimmerman Letter Re-Emerges
Show Title 2: Adding ‘Dread’ to the Judge
Show Title 3: Twitch Live-Stream Expose’
Show Title 4: Reddit War of Words
Show Title: Randy Really isn’t that bad
Show Title: Give a Hoot, Don’t pollute internet space