On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- Tetsemi: Three Cheers for Corley
- Mkallah: Winter is… sorry, Gamescon is coming
- Mewkow: Pants, we don’t need no stinking Pants
- Tetsemi: The Final Fantasy move has been Fantastic for AIE!
- Mkallah: Our new AIE Star Trek Online director, Grebog, is here to talk about AIE in STO
All that and more coming up right now…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Welcome to episode #282 of the the podcast celebrating the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. This is Mewkow: To my left is Tetsemi: – (catch phrase here). And to my right is Mkallah: (Hey, guys, there is carrot cake in the guild kitchen). This week we are joined by special guest Grebog who is here to talk to us about AIE in Star Trek Online!!! Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into STO shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
Big shoutout to Corley for continuing to maintain and upgrade the Rust server that AIE has been playing on. If you have Rust and are interested in finding out exactly how many caves that Arv has set up shop in, the Rust server info can be found https://rust-servers.net/server/110215/
Thanks again to Corley for keeping this going.
Gamescom is coming up on August 22 through August 26 and Blizzard will be there with a lot of game news, trailers and announcements. For WoW, gamers will be able to group up with other gamescom attendees and run through a dungeon from World of Warcraft’s upcoming Patch 7.3—details about this content update will be unveiled on stage and via live stream during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony on Wednesday.
Looking forward to more information about 7.3 and what the new dungeon design is and where the story is going. If you’re looking for information about all the Blizzard games, they will be live streamed at http://gamescom.blizzard.com .
Also, if you’re a caster (sorry warlocks), you have new casting animations to look forward to in patch 7.3. These look very cool, and definitely update the casting animations to match the ‘class fantasy,’ if you’d like to see a preview of them Blizzard has a blog covering what was updated and their thought process behind it http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20946579?page=1#1
If you have a lot of alts and are having a hard time keeping track of where they are in the various 7.0 story/achievement lines, Wowhead has a new feature for you, http://www.wowhead.com/attunement . Works really well and they’re taking feedback about what else you’d like to see on the page.
And if you’re into transmog, be sure and check out the Trial of Style going on now through August 22nd. Check out the themes for the contest, put together your sets and get your butt on that catwalk. http://www.wowhead.com/news=269877/trial-of-style-transmog-holiday-august-17th-22nd
Mandatory Fun Night is on the Imperial Side this week, so make sure your armor and weapons are on the right characters and you’re wearing pants (*cough* Max *cough*).
Also, dropping this week is new content called “Crisis on Umbara” which will bring a new planet, a new flashpoint, and a new Stronghold (tied to the flashpoint). For those that haven’t listened to episode 207 of The Escape Pod Cast, where Max and Sema cover it, Umbara is the “Shadow Planet” and played a role in the Clone Wars.
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 206: The Current Sea of Currency
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-206 talk about what we think a legacy merge of currencies might look like and what we heard about it so far in the brief note from Keith.
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 207: Umbara Unraveled
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-207 we talk about the lore behind the planet Umbara, which is central to the update coming next week
FFXIV is more active than ever on their new server! Turns out being on a server that allows character creation really helps boost activity, who knew. Fearless leader Abovan has sold their previous mansion on Gilgamesh and the officers are now poised to to buy a large housing plot when the Shirogane housing area launches!
Friday Fun Nights continue to be both Fun and on Friday nights, hop into #FFXIV in the AIE Discord to see what all the fun is about!
After the popularity of our Friday Fun Nights our very own Durus has started leading folks through the first raid of this expansion, Deltascape, regularly throughout the week. So if you
‘re looking for gear, you know who to bother! The guild is looking at spinning up one or two 8 person content parties, again, check the #FFXIV channel and ask all about it!
Disturbed0Angel on the forums has a great post up about folks returning to GW2 and getting ready for the new expansion, Path of Fire.
Thanks to Disturbed for putting that together. Make sure you also check out the #GW2 channel in AIE Discord.
Are you playing TSW? Are you subscribed, planning to subscribe, or just free to play? Let us know in the forums so we can gauge the current activity level for the game.
As our guest today can attest, the #STO channel in AIE Discord has been hopping lately, make sure you check out the channel if you’re playing or interested in playing STO!
Captain Cybyl’s Star Trek Online News Summary for week ending 8/20/2017:
1. With Season 14 launching October 18th, a new backstory, ‘A Warrior Reborn’, has been posted on the STO website. This story provides a lead-in to the new season. Deep Space 9 fans will especially enjoy this one.
2. There is an R&D promotion in the C-Store from August 17th to September 7th. R&D packs will be 20% off AND Captains will have a chance to find a Son’a T6 Science Dreadnought starship hidden within the pack. It is a collector edition starship featured in the movie ’Star Trek: Insurrection’. Grab it while you can.
3. Now that you have all those nifty upgrade mats from the R&D packs while acquiring the Son’a starship, take note that this weekend is also an R&D upgrade event! Captains will earn DOUBLE Technology points for upgrading their weapons and equipment.
4. A big challenge for new and veteran STO players is how to build the ship you have always dreamed of. With the vast number of weapon and equipment choices and combinations, this can be a daunting, hit-and-miss task! Captain Qthulhu, a regular member of STO’s Reddit and ‘Ten Forward’ weekly stream has addressed this dilemma and started posting custom ship configuration and upgrade guides as a service to the STO community. Check the STO website for the links.
5. From August 17th to September 7th, the ‘Arena of Sompek’ returns. This event is similar to WoW’s arena play. Generous prizes await participants. Details are on the website. Grebog, do you have anything in particular to add to this one?
6. Finally, don’t forget: The AIE Fleet’s Star Bases are always seeking contributions of mats and personnel. And once again, please check out news, backstories, patch notes, forums and other goodies at the Star Trek Online website .
Until next time, Captain Cybyl says, ‘Live Long and Prosper’!
And with that, let’s get back to Grebog and find out what’s going on in STO with the AIE Guild!.
Guests put show notes here
New Fleet Director
Starbase progress – currently working constructing the rank IV starbase
This is a pretty hefty upgrade, so it will take a little while. All help is appreciated
Research Lab is also nearing completion.
Completing this will unlock more traits for everyone and another R&D crafting slot (traits are little like talents in wow)
Going forward with fleet holdings, we will continue working on the starbase, and after the Research lab is complete, focus more on the Spire to get one of the best tactical consoles in game.
Set Phasers to Fun! – New weekly event starting up on the 26th. Main goal is to have fun, maybe earn some fleet marks or some rep marks and help people try out some different things to do, explore interesting places in the galaxy.
Fleet is going to become more visible in game. I will be allowing the fleet to be visible in the looking for fleet style system. People will still need to go to UMAMI and apply that route, but I want to first make the fleet a little more visible.
Mewkow- So, now that we know a little more about what is going on in STO with the AIE guild, we have a few questions for Grebog!
-Tell us about yourself- how did you first get involved in AIE and STO?
Tetsemi- What is it about STO that appeals to you?
Mkallah- Any plans in the works for events besides Set Phasers to Fun?
Mewkow- If someone were looking to hang out with the STO crew and have some fun, are there particular times that are more active?
Tetsemi: Tell us about your addiction to ships!
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Grebog or joining us.
Check the Forums, find me on discord, or my barely used twiitter account @Grebog
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mew is at @themewkow. Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and our Discord server for chat at https://bit.ly/AIEPodcastDiscord . Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website http://keyswithsoul.com !
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segment we received this week, including…
Overly Dramatic News – @HuntsTheWind
Altitis – @TheMewKow
Join us for the AIE podcasts in standard Earth Weeks!.
– This is Mewkow
– This is Tetsemi
– This is Mkallah
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.