The AIE Podcast #279 – We have room for you!
On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- Mewkow: We have Rusty Reminders
- Tetsemi: We Love Summer
- Mkallah: We have carnage on Iokath
- Mewkow: AIE is on the move in Final Fantasy… Finally
- Tetsemi: And we have been given carte blanche to ramble!
All that and more coming up right now…
Welcome to episode #279 of the the podcast celebrating the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. This is Mkallah: To my left is Mewkow: – (Greetings Gamers). And to my right is Tetsemi: (Story? Where’s the story?). Due to a schedule snafu, we are chatting among ourselves, but that is okay- it is us, we have tons to say.
Ok, we’ll be digging into news soon, but first let’s talk about our Nerdtacular impressions and what we have been doing in and out of game.
Mew- FF14, but more on that later.
Nerdtacular souvenirs; con crud.
Black Temple: Fun blast from the past but not nearly as painful as Molten Core was. You got to see the beginnings of the tank swap mechanic, but it wasn’t quite there. Taunt was about useless as a tank, but it was a DPS paradise with many ‘kill it until it is dead’ bosses, or at least boss phases.
Tet- Nerdtacular was amazing and needs to happen again! I love going to Snowbird, it’s very relaxing (when the thermostat behaves) and really enjoying seeing everyone, attending the panels, and playing games. Doing the live podcast this year was definitely a highlight and we’ll do one again, next time the opportunity presents itself.
Rogue Class Mount and Order Hall Campaign – Done! May just be my favorite story and order hall so far.
Hunter is leveling up, just hit 108 about 1/3 rd of the way through Highmountain (Azusa is complete). Working on his engineering while leveling which has been interesting. I like the story bits and the cool items to make. Really enjoyed the fact I can buy the Beastmaster hidden appearance for gold and it’s a bow! Running with a Core Hound and Hati right now for companions, and I love, love, love, that you can just have Volley go off on your auto-attacks. Brings back the flavor of Volley without having to manage it.
Played a bit more of Secret World Legends, playing on the Dragon side as a Gunslinger (insert fake Mkallah shock here) and really enjoying the story (hey! I found the story!) in the game.
MK- TALK ABOUT STUFF
Games- Dammit, Mills (resulted in Castlevania), GnG D&D (now am I the note keeper), Return of Thors Thunder on Woden’s Day
NT- so many good things, coffee with Skky, Rocker, Diji, OLF and rotating guests in the atrium. Hiking, in the snow, in socially acceptable crocs, Marvel Munchkin with the Hordeling (Darth Amber won her first time out)
Just a reminder, if you’re interested in checking out Rust, Corley has set up a private server for the AIE community. Check out #survival-exploration channel in the AIE Discord.
Summer of Love is coming up in August, we’ll have more detail in an upcoming podcast (*cough* Syreyne *cough*) touching on the events, dates, and times, including Remembrance Day.
Patch 5.3 is out and along with some class tuning (*cough* nerfs *cough*) there is a new raid boss, the Sisters of Carnage, to tackle on Iokath.
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 201: The Last Starfighter
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-201 talk about the GSF threads now open in the official forums in addition to the continued flurry of community team interaction.
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 202: Manaan, Sisters And All of 5.3
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-202 talk about the Manaan Stronghold, the Sisters of Carnage, the class changes, and the bug fixes now live in update 5.3.
* Move has been successful, 69 members active since the move.(edited)
* An interim small house has been purchased in the Goblet while we wait for the new housing area to open (Shirogane). Please do not buy private rooms in the interim house! Save your money for Final House.
* The FC has achieved Rank 8, within the span of a week. Nice job everyone!
* New “Raid” content: The Deltascape has been out for two weeks. Our first, mostly FC group cleared it last night (Friday Fun Night activity). The “Savage” mode of this 8 man encounter is out this coming Tuesday.
* Big Kudos to the officers and members for making it a very smooth transition to Goblin. Huge thanks to Jasmine for coordinating the survey on the move, and both her and Sashi for coordinating the packing of our FC house and subsequent unpacking and decorating of the interim house.
* Thanks to Jehdai for muling over items from the FC chest.
*Welcome to our brand new FFXIV Members, joining us with their first characters to the FC in July: Romulious, Ashlor’n, Moric, Qana, Renga, Tinyguy, Adric, and Yumomo. Also, welcome back to all our recent returners: you know who you are!(edited)
* The lights are still on for a little while on Gilgamesh so folks have time to collect their things from the FC house private rooms, and themselves, before moving on or joining us on Goblin. We will provide some notice before closing down the house on Gilgamesh.(edited)
* Please, please join us in the AIE Discord in channel #ffxiv to keep up to date with all the Free Company’s news and events.
* Remember, we’re here to help you with your Main Scenario Questline, Duties, Trials, and questions! Look for queue-buddies in FC chat and Discord before queuing up. It is not an imposition! There are perks and benefits gained by doing activities together as a group, especially if it is someone’s first time through the content.
Live letter: While some of it is still being fully translated, it seemed like the focus was mostly on the various classes now that many are at max level. They didn’t seem to want to address the server crowding measures, or the new housing area as we were hoping. If you are curious about the coming class changes you can find a post on the official FF14 forums and another on the reddit group for FF14.
Captain Cybyl’s Star Trek Online News Summary for week ending 7/16/2017:
1. Season 13.5 will launched July 18th, with the first new featured episode ‘Brushfire’, where players will be contacted by legendary Klingon General Rodek The exciting details are on the STO website.
2. A bonus marks weekend! Earn a 50% bonus on all marks earned by playing any content.
3. C-Store having a 15% lockbox key sale this weekend!
4. The annual Risa Summer Festival is still going strong until July 20th. Get your prize vouchers for numerous prizes plus a new T6 Vorgon starship.
5. Finally, don’t forget: The AIE Fleet’s Star Bases are always seeking contributions of materiel and personnel. And once again, please check out news, backstories, patch notes, forums and other goodies at the Star Trek Online website .
Until next time, Captain Cybyl says, ‘Live Long and Prosper’!
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank ourselves for rambling.
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mew is at @themewkow. Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chat room and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and our Discord server for chat at https://bit.ly/AIEPodcastDiscord . Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website http://keyswithsoul.com !
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segments we received this week, including…
Overly Dramatic News – @HuntsTheWind
Due to a RL wedding, we will not have a show in two weeks- but, we are planning on having one Next week and I am working on, as we speak, getting Sy and perhaps additional guests to talk about Summer of Love.
– This is Tetsemi
– This is Mewkow
– This is Mkallah
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.