On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- Mkallah: Gyms they be a flipping
- Mewkow: Give me an R!
- Tetsemi: The Meta is Dead, Long Live the Meta!
- Mkallah: Klingons off the starboard bow…
- Mewkow: But I buzzed in!
All that and more coming up right now…
Welcome to episode 278 of the the podcast celebrating the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. This is Tetsemi: To my left is Mkallah: – (catch phrase here). And to my right is Mewkow: (Greetings Gamers). This week we are joined by special guests Ben the Mage who is here to talk to us about AIE in WoW and Nerdtacular Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into WoW and Nerdactular shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
Nerdtacular is rolling along! The first full day of content is over and we’re into the second day as we record this. The Paul and Storm concert was epic and they, of course, finished with the Pirate Song (Happy R!) along with many well placed X was the name of cover band.
The Story Time and Drawing with Scott and Turpster was amazing and really needs to be an ongoing segment somewhere in the Frogpants portfolio.
And of course it wouldn’t be the Frogpants All-Stars without controversy and technology fails, but they powered on through and can’t wait for the final this afternoon.
Stop by and check out all the vendors (in fact we swiped Mkallah from her booth, thanks to Kiki for booth sitting while we record) and see what the amazing community has created.
Oh and one last thing, the Pokemon gym battles and raid battles are in full bloom. There is a gym right at the vendor area for Nerdtacular and it is constantly switching hands between Team Mystic and Team Valor (led by Brian Ibbott), although somehow both teams were caught off guard and Team Instinct held the gym for a while.
See Game News
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 200: The Meta is Dead, Long Live the Meta
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-200 talk about the five class/spec changes that have been announced so far and debate how it might affect the “meta”.
Captain Cybyl’s Star Trek Online News Summary for week ending 7/1/2017:
1. Season 13.5 will launch July 18th. In the first new featured episode ‘Brushfire’, players will be contacted by legendary Klingon General Rodek, voiced by Tony Todd. The mission is to raid a secret Son’a prison to free a special prisoner: former Klingon Chancellor Martok, who is key to stopping the Tzenkethi advance. The exciting details are on the STO website.
2. For the upcoming Season 13.5 story arc, STO announced the newest addition to the cast: J.G. Hertzler. He will do the voice the of former Klingon Chancellor Martok, the character he portrayed and made famous in the TV series Star Trek: Deep Space 9.
3. The Kobayashi Maru Event returns this weekend until July 3rd. This is the famous no-win Starfleet Academy training scenario that cadet James T. Kirk hacked to win the no-win scenario. Test your captain skills attempting to beat the event and win awesome prizes. See the STO website for more info.
4. A new backstory has been posted to the STO website blog June 29th, entitled ‘Retaking the Test’ which relates one Starfleet captain’s emotional reaction to having been ordered to retake the hopeless, no-win Kobayashi Maru Scenario. Should the entire Alliance be ordered take it as well? Find out at the STO website for this intense story.
5. C-Store and Zen sale weekend! Buying Zen for the C-Store awards bonus Zen to the transaction! But wait, there’s more: a 20% discount on everything in the C-Store sweetens deal! One more thing: there is a 20% sale on packs. And lastly, buy a 20-key bundle and get a free ultimate tech crafting upgrade.
6. The annual Risa Summer Festival is still going strong until July 20th. There is still plenty of time to win prize vouchers for numerous prizes plus a new T6 Vorgon starship. Prize lists and starship stats are available on the STO website.
7. Finally, don’t forget: The AIE Fleet’s Star Bases are always seeking contributions of materiel and personnel. And once again, please check out news, backstories, patch notes, forums and other goodies at the Star Trek Online website .
Until next time, Captain Cybyl says, ‘Live Long and Prosper’!
The Secret World Legends has launched and Tetsemi and The_Hordling have been playing around with it. The tutorial section is much improved and the story flow to start is much smoother and helps you get into the world and in character. It’s free to play, with 1 character slot if you’re brand new and 3 character slots if you were previously subscribed to The Secret World or are a Patreon contributor.
In the Tomb of Sargeras raid, there are several clickable runes hidden across the raid. Each rune can only be clicked once per lockout and will transform the player into Gul’dan with a new set of abilities. More importantly, it will turn you hostile to the rest of the raid!
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Ben The Mage and our very special guests for joining us.
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mew is at @themewkow. Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and our Discord server for chat at https://bit.ly/AIEPodcastDiscord . Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website http://keyswithsoul.com !
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segment we received this week, including…
Overly Dramatic News – @HuntsTheWind
Next time, we’ll be talking to Be Announced . So until then, AIE…
This is Tetsemi
This is Mkallah
This is Mewkow
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.