The AIE Podcast #267 – What do you want on your Tome Stone?
On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- Tetsemi: Become a Star Citizen
- Mkallah: COOP Rides again
- Mew: Wednesday Operations in SWTOR
- Tetsemi: Captain Cybyl’s STO update
- Mkallah: We have Abovan and Durus here to talk about FInal Fantasy XIV
All that and more coming up right now…
Welcome to episode #267 of the the podcast celebrating the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. Greetings, Gamers, This is Mew(And hopefully you aren’t neglecting your alts): To my left is Tetsemi (spreadsheets in Space, now coming to SWTOR) and to my right is Mkallah (Hey, guys, there is a lovely carrot cake in the guild kitchen). This week we are joined by special guests Abovan and Durus who is here to talk to us about AIE in Final Fantasy XIV (14 for us non-Romans!) Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into FFXIV shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
Are you interested in Star Citizen or curious about what’s going on in the game as it develops? Durus, on the forums, has created an AIE group in the game for those interested. Check out the forum thread (http://forum.myextralife.com/topic/51609-star-citizen/page-5) for more information about joining the guild in game.
Did you run with COOP and show the Alliance on Earthen Ring some love? See if you made it into Malefic’s video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=tsR_2h2o7MU) during the event. Did you miss the event or are unsure what COOP is? Take a look and talk about it on the forum thread (http://forum.myextralife.com/topic/57373-coop-january-2017-edition/) Big thanks to Grimcow for putting this run together.
And speaking of community run events, Toxxia ran a Transmog Swap meet this afternoon in guild chat, the event started at 3 pm Server time. Did you get a piece of armor or a weapon that you were looking for? Let us know in the forum thread (http://forum.myextralife.com/topic/57381-transmog-swap-meet-sunday-jan-22-3pm/)
Patch 7.1.5 dropped in between podcasts as well as the Nighthold raid opening up a week later. Are you enjoying the built in group finder for World Quests? Did you supply all your alts with Artifact Knowledge tomes? Did you punch Guld’an in the face? Let us know via e-mail or twitter and we’ll go over the responses during the next podcast!
And speaking of patches, Blizzard continues to keep up with the content push, dropping patch 7.2 on the PTR. This patch brings another round of UI element fixes, a new raid, a pet dungeon scenario, and too many more things to mention. A good write-up on the 7.2 patch is found over on WoWHead (http://www.wowhead.com/news=259395/patch-7-2-ptr-starts-today-and-patch-recap)
Patch 7.1.5 also brought in micro-holidays, the first of which is active now through Tuesday the 24th. Call of the Scarab is a micro-holiday celebrating the opening the gates of Ahn’Qiraj (On Caraj) during the classic World of Warcraft time period. Run AQ20 and AQ40 to get commendations to help your side (the Horde) win the event which will be represented by a Horde banner flying over the raids until the holiday comes around next year. There are also repeatable meat turn-ins and if you’re not yet exalted with Cenarian Circle you can scour Silithis for cultists and summon elemental lords to raise your reputation. WoWHead has a good write-up (http://www.wowhead.com/news=259399/call-of-the-scarab-micro-holiday-guide-january-21st-23rd) on the holiday
Not much from the official SWTOR news side of things so Max and Sema dig into a couple topics they’ve had on the back burner regarding Conquest and how to do it as well as the quality of life features in SWTOR compared to other MMO’s as well as features they’d like to see borrowed from those other MMO’s.
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 177: How to Conquest (http://www.newoverlords.com/swtor-escape-pod-cast-177-how-to-conquest/)
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-177 revive an older topic that’s been of interest to our guild lately, Conquest, and talk through details, tips, tricks, etc.
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 178: Quality of Life (http://www.newoverlords.com/swtor-escape-pod-cast-178-quality-of-life/)
This week @AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-178 talk about Quality of Life features in SWTOR and what else we’d like to see added.
It also looks like long time member Ori has returned after his life and work schedule got wonky and separately Arv has managed to wrangle folks to get the Wednesday night operations group up and running again. Please visit the forums or the SWTOR channel in the AIE Discord to hang out, say hello, and found out how you too can run the universe as emperor, benevolent or not.
They were invited to be on the AIE Podcast this week! That’s exciting! What awesome news to they have in store? What will happen in Eorzea in the post-Dragonsong era? What news of Hildabrand, the world’s greatest inspector? Keep listening to find out! /teaser
Captain Cybyl’s Star Trek Online News Summary for week ending 1/22/2017:
1. The Tzenkethi are coming! The race that decimated the planet that Starbase K-13 orbited for 700 years with a super weapon has been detected massing a vast attack force in the unexplored regions of the Alpha Quadrant. A huge new Season 12 story arc will be launched January 26 introducing this reptilian, 12-foot tall, 1000-pound, six-armed, Goliath adversary race. Imagine warriors wearing several hundred pounds of heavy armour and cannons as sidearms! The STO website describes them and provides pictures of these monsters.
2. Season 12 will also bring two new battle queues, ’Gravity Kills’ and ’The Tzenkethi Front’. Both queues involve destroying Tzenkethi protomatter manufacturing stations and stealing the bombs, all while orbiting a black hole. See the STO website for details.
3. A new backstory, ‘A Gathering of Wills’, was been posted on the website blog. Having discovered the Tzenkethi build-up and testing of super weapons on remote, defenseless worlds, Klingon General Rodek has been tasked to whip the peaceful, Lukari explorer race into a viable army and navy to counter the threat. The Lukari mission ‘Of Signs and Portants’ based on this backstory shall be introduced as well. As before, this Captain shall refrain from spoilers.
4. As a concurrent Season 12 release, new space and ground weapon systems and an Infinity Lockbox upgrade will be available to be earned under a new Lukari Restoration Initiative. New starships, kit modules and ship and player traits shall be also added to the release as well. The new Lukari uniforms are oh, so fashionable (be still, my beating heart). Also a new Kit and Module Research School will be introduced to craft personal kits and modules as well. Details on the STO website.
5. Starting Thursday, January 19, though Monday, January 23, there will be a an XP weekend event. During this event, playing all content that awards skill points and expertise will be rewarded a 100% bonus.
6. Don’t forget: The AIE Fleet’s original Star Base, as well as Star Base K13, are always seeking contributions of materiel. Do your part by checking out current donation requests in the Fleet’s in-game menu.
7. Once again, please check out news, backstories, patch notes, forums, commentary, and other goodies at the Star Trek Online website .
Until next time, Captain Cybyl signing off
And with that, let’s get back to Abovan and Durus and find out what’s going on in FFXIV..
Happy patch week!
Patch 3.5: The Far Edge of Fate
New Story Content (MSQ and Side Quests)
Wrap up of the Void Ark 24-man raid story.
First raid was Void Aark
Second raid was The Weeping City of Mhach
Third and final raid is Dun Scaith
New side quests,
New Hildabrand quests
New Warring Triad Trial (Boss fight)
New Scholasticate quests
New Relic quests (Job specific Legendary quests for the WoW people)
New Beasts Quests, tying together the Heavensward beast questlines.
2 new 4-man dungeons
One part of the MSQ, one is a side quest, but both are needed to get the Expert roulette.
New stuff from Aquapolis, the random zone that can pop from a treasure map. Bring friends!
New House items. Big thanks to Sashi for taking point on decorating the FC house.
New Triple Triad tournaments and cards
New Egi Glamors!
Egis are the pets that Summoners use. Now you can have Egi A, but make it look like B
Right now, it’s just carbunkle (picture a glowing squirrel.) But others are coming soon.
Chocobos can be summoned in queues, GC Leves, and Gathering Leves
Party Finder is now cross server!
Note: Party Finder is not a duty finder. You have to put the group together, but this is a way to advertise a group, and the messages and groups can be sent and searched for over the datacenter.
Gilgamesh is on Aether Datacenter
Groups can be public or private (password protected)
Returned to the game after an absence?
45 days of paid time, one level 50 job, you get returner status.
Access to the New Player Channel
EXP bonus when grouped with a Mentor up to level 20 on other classes.
A cool icon on your name.
If you made friends on the server, and were added to their friends list, but have been inactive for 90+, you can get invited back.
Rewards for the one coming back.
Free 7 days of game time
99 Aetheryte Tickets (Free Teleports)
10 Silver Chocobo Feathers
Used to trade in for level specific gear to get caught back up.
The sender gets 5 gold chocobo feathers to use for cosmetic items.
GPose has now more options.
Gpose, or group pose, has been enhanced with more features including action lines, frames, and filters.
And extreeeeme close ups and zoom outs.
Now any bar can be vertical or horizontal, and can be arranged in any dimension, like 1×12, 6×2, 5×7, 6×6, ect.
Still on Gilgamesh.
#FFXIV Discord is very active!
F4N, our weekly get together, is happening every Friday at 9PM EST. Any level, any class, and we do stuff as a group!
House redesign by Sashi! It looks great!
We are now providing grade 2 buffs, thanks to Kelseer’s efforts. Thanks!
Party up with FC members to help you through your backlogged MSQs! (Jasmine and Sashi. Tank and Heals).
Shoutouts – From the AIE Podcast Discord
@BentheMage – Shout out to the FERT Raid team for our successful first step into Nighthold!
@Stollet – Shoutout to the PepperJack Fan Club Raid team for downing 3 bosses in Nighthold and 2 in Trial of Valor.
@Grimcow – DoA cleared EN Heroic and ToV normal just in time for Nighthold to drop.
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Abovan and Durus for joining us.
#FFXIV Chanel in AIE Discord
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mew is at @themewkow. Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and our Discord server for chat at https://bit.ly/AIEPodcastDiscord . Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website keyswithsoul.com!
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segment we received this week, including…
Overly Dramatic News from @HuntsTheWind
Next time, we’re working on scheduling our next guest, now, otherwise, you may just hear from the three of us! So until then, AIE…
– This is Mkallah
– This is Tetsemi
– This is Mewkow
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.