On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- Mewkow: Riders of Icarus be damned
- Mkallah: Murloc masquerade is a must
- Tetsemi: Friday Fun in FFXIV
- Mewkow: We have Captain Cybyl’s STO update
- Mkallah: And Apolas and Arv are here to talk about some major SWTOR news
All that and more coming up right now…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Welcome to episode #263 of the the podcast celebrating the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. This is Tetsemi, To my left is Mewkow – (catch phrase here). And to my right is Mkallah- (Hey, guys, there is homemade pretzels and beer cheese soup on the guild kitchen.) This week we are joined by special guests Apolas and Arv who is here to talk to us about AIE in SWTOR Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into SWTOR shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
Riders of Icarus:
After not one, but two delays, Rift of the Damned has finally arrived in Riders of Icarus. The patch includes the new Tritael Rift zone, additional cash shop items, the floating five-player Breach dungeon, 30 more familiars to collect, and an expansion to the Exarahn Badlands area.
Riders of Icarus is also hosting several events in which brand-new and veteran characters will get free gifts for logging in, staying logged in, and even leveling up. All of these events will conclude on October 19th.
Riders of Icarus (finally) delivers its Rift of the Damned update
ForceOfWill asked if anyone was playing Black Desert Online. We did have guild activity in the game, it’s diminished a bit, however, just a remind that the #general and #lfg channels on the AIE Discord server can be used to look for AIE Folks other games!
Are you looking for guild events in game? Well Nevermore has you covered with her fabulous write-up of all the in game events for October in WoW. Head over to the forums and check out the post – http://forum.myextralife.com/topic/57299-aie-guild-events-october-2016/ – and find out why Murlocs are involved (hint it’s a masquerade – http://forum.myextralife.com/topic/57298-mathanuggs-merry-murloc-masquerade/) , what the Trivia topic is, and some good old fashion Running of the Dead (Beef) as well as PvP In the Underbelly.
Are you a fan of fun? How about Friday nights? Well then, welcome to Mandatory Fun Nights where the Fun is mandatory, but attendance isn’t. Abovan is running MFN’s in FFXIV every Friday at 9pm ET, check out the forums post for more – http://forum.myextralife.com/topic/57293-final-fantasy-friday-fun-night/
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 162: How to Fly GSF for DvL
@AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-162 talk about how to fly GSF for your Dark vs. Light achievements.
SWTOR Escape Pod Cast 163: How to PvP for DvL
@AIESema, @MaxTheGrey and Astromech EPC-163 talk about how to get into PvP for your Dark vs. Light achievements, especially if you haven’t done much PvP.
RRF Captain Cybyl’s Star Trek Online News Summary for week ending 10/09/2016:
1. Starting October 25, the Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday expansion will continue with a brand-new episode update: ‘Agents of Yesterday – Artifacts’! Captains will participate in Star-Trek: The-Original-Series themed episodes in a new story arc through 2017. New missions shall feature the joys of exploration, dangers of unknown space and amazement of new discoveries with lasting consequences. The return of missing Starbase K-13 will become available as a fleet holding. Spectacular upgrades to graphics and lighting effects will be introduced to enhance the player experience as well.
2. There is a 20%-off star ship sale in the C-Store this weekend until Monday, 10/10. If you are a player awaiting the perfect time to purchase that sweet attack ship, that awesome dreadnaught or that stealthy temporal destroyer, you simply must take advantage of this sale. Also, purchased T5 ships get a free T5-U upgrade token.
3. To stash older starships replaced with shiny new starships from the ship sale, your long term storage problem is solved: there is a 20%-off dry dock slot sale running concurrently.
4. Additional 20%-off items include account shared bank slots, ship upgrade tokens and other goods and services. See the website and C-Store for a listing of sale items.
5. Don’t forget: The Fleet’s Starbase is still seeking contributions of materiel and duty officers. Do your part by checking out current donation requests in the Fleet’s in-game menu.
6. Once again, please check out news, backstories, patch notes, forums, commentary, and other goodies at the Star Trek Online website .
Until next time, RRF Captain Cybyl signing off
And with that, let’s get back to Apolas and Arv and find out what’s going on in SWTOR.
Fun with DvL, MFN twice a week and three Ops groups currently. SoL, LoL and SUP
SOL is looking for a healer for Mondays.
Player numbers are up on both factions. Several people coming to Jedi Covenant (our server) from other servers to play with us thanks mostly to Max and Sema and their SWtOR Escape Podcast. Players like Deathr0wNZ, BornToEatBacon and our newest member GamerBear.
Knights of the Eternal Throne is FREE to all Premium (currently subscribed) players!
YOUR PERSONAL STAR WARS™ STORY – Nine chapters, five new levels and two new planets where you fight to rule the galaxy.
MAKE DYNAMIC DARK VS. LIGHT SIDE CHOICES – Decide the future of the galaxy and determine the fate of your allies and enemies – your every action drives the galaxy closer to the light or dark side of the Force™.
RULE WITH GALACTIC COMMAND(?) – Grow your influence as you ignite light and dark side enemies, battle new Uprisings and unlock the most powerful rewards – all starting at Level 70 in the new and ongoing Galactic Command(?) system.
BATTLE WITH ALLIES IN NEW UPRISINGS – Join with up to three allies in erupting action-packed battles and confront the galaxy’s most notorious adversaries rising to challenge your influence in Galactic Command.
PLAY YOUR WAY – Choose to play any story chapter or battle in three new challenge levels – Story, Veteran, or Master mode – whatever suits your playstyle!
BE A PREMIUM PLAYER – GET ULTIMATE ACCESS!
Get eternal access to the new KotET expansion FREE at launch including one free*** high-level character to start your adventure. (One per subscribed SWTOR account)
Unlimited access to the new Galactic Command system unlocked at Level 70 as you fight to grow your power and retain control of the galaxy in ongoing battles and Uprisings – alone or with friends – to earn the most valuable rewards.
Must be a Premium player (subscriber status) as of December 2, 2016 to play KotET.
Subbed on October 25th for the Shae Vizla Companion, Nov. 27th for the Rapid Recon Walker mount and continuously Oct. 25-Nov. 27 for three days early access to KotET.
Some rumbling on the SWtOR forums about no new Operations being announced, but Eric Musco has said that information about “larger group content” should be coming in January.
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Apolas and Arv for joining us.
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mew is at @themewkow. Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and our Discord server for chat at https://bit.ly/AIEPodcastDiscord . Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website keyswithsoul.com!
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segment we received this week, including…
Overly Dramatic News – @HuntsTheWind
Next time, we’ll be talking to someone about something! . So until then, AIE…
– This is Tetsemi
– This is Mewkow
– This is Mkallah
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.