The AIE Podcast #261 – Post-Goon Reconstruction
On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
- AIE still in Discord
- Class Order Hall Go
- FFXIV is heading back to the Library!
- We have Captain Cybyl’s STO update
- And Hoots and Turbo are here to talk to us about AIE in EVE!
All that and more coming up right now…
Welcome to episode #261 of the the podcast celebrating the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has been podcast. This is Tetsemi. To my left is Mkallah: – (there is a sopapilla cheesecake in the guild kitchen). This week we are joined by special guest Hoots and Turboadiction who is here to talk to us about AIE in EVE Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into Eve shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
Just a reminder that we have an AIE Discord server for all games and activities that AIE is involved in. Just hit the front page of http://umami.aie-universal.net and once you’ve authenticated, check the bulletin entitled – AIE’s Discord Server.
Oh, and big AIE podcast news! Tetsemi and I had a meeting and we decided…… no, we aren’t the podcast, but we decided on a new third chair! He will be joining us in the next few shows and is an awesome member of our community, In fact, there are some weeks when I am pretty sure he has provided half of the show material for us. Wonder who it is? You will have to tune in and see…. Or hear.
Too busy playing … I’m kidding, there have been a ton of hotifxes for content and class abilities, to keep up to date, check WoWHead or MMO-Champion, they always have a good list of the hotfixes and developer communication. Speaking of developer communication, Blizzard held a Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas this week and covered topics ranging from the state of launch up through Patch 7.1 (Return to Kharazan) and when it will hit the PTR. I love that they’re already talking about more content even though I’m currently drowning in things to do in game, which is amazing.
Stuck away from the computer and want to check up on your Class Order Hall? Download the Legion Companion App on iOS or Android and you send your followers on missions, collect rewards from those missions, recruit new minions and see what world quests are available when you get back to the computer.
See Game News section
Square Enix has announced some details on the next big content patch 3.4
Players are going to be tasked with heading back into the Great Gubal Library to retrieve untold tomes of powerful knowledge as well as venturing into Xelphatol to prevent another summoning of Garuda by the Ixal.
Preview images for the patch, showing off the MSQ, the new Tomestone gear, housing additions, and the upcoming double-cross hotbar
Gorgesh posted in the forums about a recent developer interview with a community site, covering a timeline for content through 2018.
Turbine is calling the next major content release an expansion, so it will be a significant update, which I understand will take us into Mordor and eventually up to the Black gate.
Links to Dadi’s interview below
Escape Podcast Cast 158 and 159, Quick Tips II and III are up on the feed. Max and Sema cover more in game tips and tricks, even covering things veteran player might not know or may have forgotten. Want a refresher on the game and some good ideas on how to do things more efficiently? Tune in to the podcast every Tuesday Night around 10:30 pm Central at http://twitch.tv/newoverlords
Also, don’t forget about Mandatory Fun Nights, where attendance is optional, but the fun isn’t.
RRF Captain Cybyls Star Trek Online News Summary for week ending 09/11/2016:
1. The 50th Anniversary of Star Trek occurred on September 8. In celebration of this amazing achievement, Star Trek Online gave away the 23rd Century Bundle for free and for 24 hours only, starting September 8, at 2pm Pacific time on PC, Playstation4 and Xbox One. This bundle includes the Class F Shuttle, the entire Original Series Ship Interior, the Command Tunic Uniform, the Medical Officer Uniform, the Formal Dress Uniform, as well as a TOS phaser weapon. If you missed this offer, you haven’t been taking our nagging seriously to visit the STO website. Tsk, tsk.
2. As reported previously, the current release ‘Temporal Cold War’ time-travel episodes came to an unexpected conclusion, not through gameplay, but through blog backstories. Yet another backstory has been posted on the website with hints of mission hints to come. A fascinating must-read and again, I shall refrain from spoilers.
3. On September 6, Star Trek Online was finally released for Xbox One and Playstation4. 6 years of gameplay content will be playable right from day one! Huge improvements in graphics and UI are featured. As with the PC version, it will be 100% free to download and play.
4. STO, Cryptic Studios, Perfect World and CBS announced a partnership with Eucled to allow players the ability to 3D print any ship they own with infinite variations of customisation as a durable plastic model. A free desk stand is included. Take note: these are not tiny 2-inch models but are 12+ inches big. This service will be available soon.
5. The usual reminder: The AIE Classis’ Fleet Starbase is still seeking contributions of materiel and duty officers from all AIE fleet mates. Check out the Fleet holdings tab in the Fleet’s in-game menu for donation needs.
6. Please check out further news, backstories, patch release notes, forums, commentary, etc., at the Star Trek Online website .
Until next time, RRF Captain Cybyl signing off
And with that, let’s get back to Hoots and Turbo and find out what’s going on in Eve…
World War Bee — Quick Recap
- AIEU’s small role — AIEU < Blades of Grass < GotG Coalition
- Branch and tree puns.
- Secret AIEU Discord Server Migration
- Dreadnaught, carrier, and capital focus for veterans
- Alpha and Omega Clones (EVE F2P)
- Off-grid fleet boosting — gone and dead.
- Rorqual rebalance and superweapon
- Mining ship rebalance & remodel (that’s actually soon, like 9/13)
- New mining command ships
- Engineering Complexes???
- Frigate remodels
Alliance Tournament XIV
- 64 Teams
The Return of the Blood Raiders halloween event for October.
Alpha and Omega Clones and EVE’s free-to-play future
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Hoots and Turbo for joining us.
If you have a question or comment about our show- or want to send us a segment- you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at https://aie-guild.org/podcast-live-stream/ and our Discord server for chat at https://discord.gg/w4mRct4 . Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website keyswithsoul.com!
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segment we received this week, including…
Overly Dramatic News – @HuntsTheWind
Next time, we’ll be talking to Kerosene kid- aka Joe from Your Wow Money. So until then, AIE…
– This is Mkallah
– This is Tetsemi
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.