The AIE Podcast #256 – FFXIV: Frilly Dresses in Endless Dungeons
On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
Tetsemi: Rocketing into something new!
Mkallah: Are you ready for the Summer of Love?
Tetsemi: and the Dark VS the Light
Mkallah: We have RRF Captain Cybyl’s STO update
Tetsemi: and Mewkow to talk Final Fantasy XIV!
All that and more coming up right now…
Welcome to episode #256 of the the podcast celebrating the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has ben podcast. This is Mkallah! To my left is Tetsemi: – (catch phrase here). This week we are joined by special guests Mewkow who is here to talk to us about AIE in Final Fantasy XIV. Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into Final Fantasy XIV shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
With the switch to the new website, we realize, the IRC channel isn’t as easily accessible as it was. We’re going to be moving to something easier to access, that most, if not all, of our listeners should have access to.
Rocket.Chat – The nice thing is that you can access it through a browser, through an app for Windows, iOS, Android, Mac and you don’t have to create a new account. It uses your Umami log on and password. We’ll be testing this in between this podcast and the next one on July 3rd, so it’ll give folks plenty of time to get logged in and sort through any issues. If you do run into any issues, feel free to e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out.
Let us know what you think and join us in the #podcast channel.
Back in December 2014, Shimmeredge started a post in the community section for the forums asking a beautiful question- are you okay? A lot of our fellow guildies have been checking in from time to time to let AIE know what is going on and how they are doing. Please feel free to read updates, give hugs and accolades, and cheer each other on the thread, in game, on twitter, and everywhere else that AIE is represented.
The big news IN AIE is that Summer of Love is just over a month away. The festivities start Monday, August 1st and go through Sunday, August 7th. Right now, we have the Community Wide Remembrance Day on Tuesday, August 2th, COOP tentatively scheduled for Friday the 5th, and Old school raid night on Saturday the 6th, and Thugg’s AIE VS the Garrison boss event sometime in the week as well. We are also looking into a Luau and costume contest and there has been a request for War Games, even. If you have interest in hosting an event in WOW, message Syrene on the thread in the forums, in game, or on twitter at @SyreyneAIE. And Sy will be joining us on July 17th to talk all things Summer of Love!
Are you interested to see what the #Legion expansion is going to look like but don’t have beta access? Hop on the PTR which has the #Legion pre-event invasions and all the race, class, and mechanical changes, including a reduced camera zoom out distance that causing a bit of a stir on the official forums.
No update yet, but we should have DUX on in July to let us know what is going on with the citizens of MIddle Earth.
Are you new to SWTOR or haven’t completed the character stories on all 8 classes yet? Feel like doing a class story over again but choosing the opposite side? Well does SWTOR have an event for you. The Dark vs. Light Event. Create a new Level 1 character, on or after June 28th and start playing. The event rewards and objectives are built into six levels. As you complete each level’s objectives, you will earn amazing rewards including titles, mounts, armor sets, and Force-Bound Dark vs. Light packs. One special reward will help in progressing your journey through the event. The Victorious Pioneer’s Armor set will provide an amazing 50% Experience Boost when you are wearing the complete set! You will earn the set in three parts, from Legacy Level through Champion Level. Check later in this blog for all of the details on how to unlock the Victorious Pioneer’s Armor set.
Sounds like an amazing time, but what about all those veterans that have already completed their story lines and don’t feel like taking another character from level 1 on up? You have Chapter XV – The Gemini Deception coming out on June 30th to look forward to.
In this new chapter, prepare to lead your Alliance in the ultimate assault to land a fatal blow against the Eternal Empire. Alongside the mysterious and deadly Droid SCORPIO, the Outlander’s team must infiltrate a Zakuulan warship and face Arcann’s formidable force of elite soldiers. When the mission goes awry, the Outlander must find a way out of a deadly trap – only to be faced with the ultimate betrayal.
We have Captain Cybyl’s update for the week ending in June 26th, 2016
1. We have some surreal news to start out: A new ‘Kelvin Timeline’ was announced this week. Apparently the USS Kelvin accidentally encountered an anomaly left over from the immensely powerful Hobus supernova that destroyed the Romulan homeworld. The anomaly turns out to be a gateway between the Star Trek Prime Universe and the so called Star Trek JJ-Verse alternative timeline.
2. So, what does this mean? Glad you asked. Players will soon be able to move between the Classical Star Trek TV/Movie universe to the JJ Abrams-inspired ’Star Trek-into-Darkness’ timeline. This JJVerse timeline will be the basis of the upcoming CBS online-only series coming in 2017. Hopefully this will settle the controversy plaguing Trek fans as to which Universe is the most relevant. Players would be able to play both universes without feeling schizo. Who knew?
3. In other STO news, the upcoming ‘Agents of Yesterday’ story arc will be introducing several new retro starships, new beta missions and a new Captain Specialisation: Temporal Operative.
4. The STO Summer Event on Risa is still in full swing through July 21st. There is still time to do daily events to win prize vouchers for vanity pets, vintage beachwear, updated mini-powerboards, jetpacks, and much, much more. Also available is an opportunity to save up excess prize vouchers for the Annual Summer Event Starship: a Vorgon (NOT Vogon) Xyfius Heavy Escort! For a complete listing of prizes and starship stats please visit the Star Trek Online website.
5. For status of the AIE Classis’ Fleet Starbase, all fleet mates are encouraged to check out the Fleet holdings tab in the Fleet’s in-game menu. Contributions of materiel and personnel are always welcomed to assist in building up the Fleet’s Starbase and other Fleet holdings to their full potential.
6. Players are encouraged to check out news, patch release notes, information about the upcoming consol vesions, UI improvements, forums, commentary, and more at.
Don’t forget we’re looking for a good home for new Startship, Grebog has a code for a free NX Light Class Escort ship. This looks just like the ship in the Enterprise TV series. It unlocks the ability to use the NX prefix on all ship serial numbers to denote an experimental prototype. It even comes with the grappler console, which allwos you to shoot a grappling hook onto an enemy ship. Also, you can be a lieutenant and fly this ship, which for those who do not know is the rank you are when you get your first ship. It makes a great starter ship.
If you’re interested, either send an e-mail to podcast@aie-guild or hit us on Twitter @aiepodcast
FF14 podcast notes
Patch 3.3 – Revenge of the Horde (The Diablo patch?)
Continuing the Main Story Quest
– Raid Finder added, requires attunement for each new raid released, allows for practice of phases.
– Weeping City of Mhach (Sky Pirates)
Moogle Beast Tribe
– This is another non-combat tribe, like the “birds” that had crafting and gathering quests
– Requires crafting class at level 50
– Hullbreaker Isle (Hard)
– Sohr Khai
– Aquapolis (Treasure hunting dungeon)
New PvP battlegrounds
– Fields of Glory (Shatter)
– Pots for personal gardening
– Flowers can be vased for display
– The Final Steps of Faith
– The Minstrel’s Ballad: Nidhogg’s Rage
(End of video section)
Quality of Life
– Better questing with icons
– Arrow markers for map exits
– Quests can be hidden from tracking
– Can save multiple HUD layouts
Prisms can be bought from NPCs now in addition to being crafted and sold by players
– Now has proper buildings
– A Goblin NPC sells ilevel 145 gear
– A Goblin NPC can meld gear now(like enchanting)
– There are melders in other areas as well
– Dragon barding for chocobo
– Dandelion puff mount
– Purple bird
Recommended Gear button
Palace of the Dead (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2016/4840.html)
– Solo or party of 4. Either are seperate progression.
– Independant progression system starts at level 1.
– Level and floor(every 10 floors) progress auto-save.
– Gear minimally affects, allowing groups of all levels to play together.
– Floor layouts are random generated.
– 50 levels to get through for now, but more planned.
Final Fantasy Fan Fest 2016
– Sold hour in hours (not the same horrible experience that Blizzcon is though)
Hatchling Earring available until July 6th(140k twitter followers) – http://sqex.to/bxF
Summer DLC sale at Amazon – http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6d27fccfcd8bcde0a72be895222a9f85ecae2562
– Discuss recruit a friend
– Recruiter and recruitee get goodies
– Recruitee gets useful gear and leveling gear
– Recruiter gets a 2 seater mount and improved leveling gear to help them
– Free teleport to nearest Aetheryte of friend
– what AIE is doing
activity is up (content lulls elsewhere?)
Forum post for themed boost weekends
– free founders codes to give out
– Early preview for guild starts June 29th
– Share blurb from community manager
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Mew for joining us.
Tetsemi: If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast. Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We normally record live with video every other Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific- though due to scheduling, we are looking to do a show next week!. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at TheAIEPodcast.com. Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website keyswithsoul.com!
Mkallah: And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segment we received this week, including…Wait, where are the segments? If you want to try your hand at creating a segment, contact us at @aiepodcast.
We should be back next week, hopefully talking to DUX about LOTRO. So until then, AIE…
– This is Mkallah
– This is Tetsemi
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.