On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
Mkallah: Waterstrider gate was a thing
Tetsemi: Wanna be a starfighter pilot?
Mkallah: Gears of Change are turning
Tetsemi: We have Captain Cybyl’s STO update
Mkallah: And Lanctharus and Turbo Addiction are here to talk about AIE in EVE
All that and more coming up right now…
Tetsemi: – Welcome to episode #250 of the the podcast celebrating the Alea Iacta Est gaming community, the die has ben podcast. This is Tetsemi: To my left is Mkallah – (there is mocha java cake in the guild kitchen). Alludra is off trying to catch them all. This week we are joined by special guests Turboaddiction and Lanctharus who is here to talk to us about AIE in EVE Welcome!
Ok, we’ll be digging into EVE shortly, but first, let’s cover this week’s news…
Black Desert Online, a sandbox MMORPG (Korean), is a buy to play (think GW2) game that folks are starting to take interest in. Lord Senile has started a thread in the Imperium Ludi section of the forums with discussion about how to join the guild when it’s possible/created and what’s going on in game.
The Division, a Tom Clancy multiplayer shooter is also on people’s minds. Rockdwg has started a discussion of the open beta weekends and folks are talking. See the forum thread to join in the discussion
Waterstrider gate has come and…gone. The blizzard dev team announced that they were going to restrict water striders to specific expansions. Within 48 hours they had backed it off to pre-Legion content only, and then reverted the whole change, waved their hands in the air like they didn’t care, and put the whole thing to rest. Long Live Waterstrider Gate.
Warlords have buckets, who knew? Oh wait, no, it’s a Warlords of Draenor Bucket List discussion on the forums. We still got a few months left on the expansion and folks are making list of things to do before the expansion is over. Join in the discussion
Kelseeer wanted the community to know that Patch 3.2 (Gears of Change) is out. A handpicked selection of changes were highlighted such as
Void Ark loot restrictions have been completely lifted, including the fact you can get extra Mhachi farthings.
New bard casting animation
Tanks use VIT instead of STR now for damage. MAKE SURE TO RESPEC IF YOU SPECCED FOR STRENGTH.
The Soul of the Crafter gives a pretty substantial bonus to craftsmanship and control.
And Sashi has been busy decorating the guild house. There is a girl’s day event and she’s used the platform you would typically display dolls on to show off all the plushies the guild has accumlated so far. Screenshot in the forum thread
Keep up the great work Sashi!
Are you just re-starting your SWTOR experience or have you just finished up Chapter X of Knights of the Fallen Empire and can’t wait for Chapter XI coming in March? Either way, there’s a ton to do in game and activity has been picking up with the guild.
Episode 131 of the Escape Podcast Cast is out and Max and Sema talk about patch 4.1 and how to profit from Crew Missions, what you should be running, what you shouldn’t and why. It’s a very good listen and really helps focus where your crafting should be headed if you’re into optimizing your crafting experience.
Have you always wanted to be a fighter pilot? I know Mkallah has, we guess what? You can! All of the character classes have access to missions involving piloting ships and Jonathan Lefebvre has started a thread in the forums for a fun PvP style night with ships Galactic Star Fighter night is aimed for March 12th and there’s a discussion in the forums.
Are you a free to play player and want to get the most out of your cartel coins? Well Old Man Franks does and he started a thread on the forums to get the ball rolling. Max did some analysis when this first came out and it contains a lot of good info.
And a quick congrats to Kakarotok for getting a new weekend Ops team off the ground and running.
RRF Captain Cybyl’s synopsis of the Star Trek Online News for week ending 02/27/2016:
1. The big news item is that Star Trek Online’s player skill tree is being completely redesigned. Players are being asked to test the new skill tree on the Tribble beta test server. This skill tree overhaul is quite the controversy in the STO forums. It is similar to the WoW’s new revamped talent tree.
2. Star Trek Online’s 6th Anniversary is continuing with the release of new Federation, Klingon and Romulan Dreadnaught Flagships. There are 3 variants of the Dreadnaughts for each faction: tactical, science and engineering. They are available in the C-Store singly or in discounted bundles.
2. Omega particles strewn about the galaxy have been continued along with a mini game to collect them for awesome R&D crafting materials for your upgrades
3. The Featured Episode, ’Time and Tide’, which carries the ’Year of Hell’ temporal warfare to the next level, is now only available to level 60 players. A next Featured Episode in this story arc is expected to be released soon.
4. New stories have been released for reading on the STO website featuring the Na’kuhl preparing for temporal cold war vengeance against the Federation and it’s allies, blaming them for supposedly destroying their sun with a stolen experimental device. Based on these stories, it sounds like the new Featured Episode will be a good one.
5. The Macintosh STO client was abandoned earlier this month allowing subscription refunds for those players who do not adopt the PC version. If the player DOES continue play with a PC client, their account will be available for a seamless transition. This reporter used Bootcamp (part of the Mac OS) to install Windows on her iMac to continue uninterrupted play.
6. The Galactic Development Campaign has enjoyed some early success in the rebuilding after the devastating years of the Iconian War. Starting February 25th until March 3rd, all captains who log in can aid the effort by completing PvE queues and Fleet actions. Based on contributions made by ALL participants, a Bonus Experience Week will be unlocked the following week with 50%, 100% or 150% bonuses for ALL types of skill sets.
7. This and further news, patch release notes, forums, commentary, etc. are always available at . Players are encouraged to check in frequently.
Thanks to RRF Captain Cybyl for the updates
And with that, let’s get back to Turbo and Lanc and find out what’s going on in EVE
I Can see FOREVER!
As part of the prepping for the upcoming Citadels grid sizes have changed.
Really big news or at least really big things in space
Citadels are awesome and we have tested them.
Caving your brain out to sell for isk or powerleveling at the cost of your wallet.
http://eveboard.com/pilot/IronBank 28,000$ or 1.7trillion isk for max in all things except a full wallet and possiblely the skill to know how to use everything.
The Return of FAKE Space Congress
CSMXI voting is about to start. 53 confirmed candidates and we grill them on their platforms.
The end is nigh! Sorry XP
I’m not entirely sure who was still playing eve on XP but it’s going away and probably for the best older EvE plays are not known for being accepting of change.
Come join us in eve!
AIE in EvE no matter what you think or have heard is just normal AIE like any other game, just in eve. We have all the same rules and expectations of any of the other divisions we just play a game that has darker corners than most. So come join the fun we can make sure you have something to do whether you are hours old or years.
And that’s our show for tonight. While the chatroom begins suggesting show titles, we want to thank Turbo and Lanc for joining us.
If you have a question or comment about our show, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter. The show is at @aiepodcast.. Alludra is at @alludra_aie, Mkallah is at @cyberwaif,and Tetsemi is at @ivorytiger. We record live with video every Sunday at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us on our website at TheAIEPodcast.com. Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website keyswithsoul.com!
And now it’s time to play all of the great AIE member segment we received this week, including…
Over Dramatic News (@HuntsTheWind)
Next week we’ll be talking to Max and hopefully Sema in SWTOR So until then, AIE…
– This is Mkallah
– This is Tetsemi
And this has been… The AIE Podcast.