[embedplusvideo height=”343″ width=”560″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1hmiAqR” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/k5Y2lPg05wI?fs=1&vq=hd720″ vars=”ytid=k5Y2lPg05wI&width=560&height=343&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=1&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep3064″ /]
On this episode of The AIE Podcast…
– Elder Scrolls are scrolling!
– April Fools are foolin’
– The Secret World has fun runs for you!
– Battle.net desktop chat goes live!
– and we have Durus and RattoZatto here to talk to us about GERP!
All that and more coming up right now…
Elder Scrolls Online’s early access is out this week! The rest of the players will have access next week. If you want to hear more about the game, be sure to tune in next week when we’ll have Grimbane on to talk about AIE’s expansion into ESO.
April fools day! Did you see all Blizzard did? Fake patch notes, fake expansions, whole bunches of crazy stuff! What about guild wars 2’s bobble head prank? Players who logged in to guild wars 2 found their avatars had bobble heads! I personally liked the fake patch notes put out by Blizzard, like the one that says Using the Mage spell Blink will now attract the attention of creepy angel statues. Don’t Blink, and the one for Paladins – New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior. (I think that was intended for Alachaas)
Just a reminder, AIE in The Secret World has low level fun runs every Monday night at 7pm Eastern/4pm Pacific! You don’t need fancy gear or really any sort of experience, the TSW crew is more than happy to see you through the dungeon experience!
Speaking of TSW, they have had their state of the game for April. The story of the AEGIS system is explained, PvP changes for El Dorado, and a 10.5 gear path will be available. Even bigger news, next week an adventure pack will be released with four new Investigation missions. These are the signature missions of The Secret World, where you need to solve a puzzle with clues.
Blizzard’s desktop app has added chat functionality! Now you can talk to your friends in game without being logged in!! Unfortunately there is no way to opt out of the chat client without during off the bnet client. You also can’t ‘appear invisible’ or offline. To update your app to get the chat simply log out and reload it. It will start updating immediately! …or apparently it will ask you to update in a few minutes.
World of Warcraft’s latest expansion, Warlords of Draenor, has just released their alpha patch notes! These are crazy long and hold the first glimpse of Blizzard’s newest expansion. So head over and see them before they start slashing through them with red marks and overwrites! This is the first draft of the alpha folks, expect to see these expansive patch notes change with time!
PAX East – Boston – Friday April 11, 10:00 am
AwesomeCon DC – Washington DC – Friday April 18, 3:00 pm
Spring Raid on Harry’s Hofbrau – San Jose – Saturday May 3, 1:30 pm
Comicpalooza – Houston – Friday May 23, 5:00 pm
1. What is the G.E.R.P? (Durus)
2. Who is the GERP Team? (Durus)
3. How do you contact the GERP team? (Durus)
3. What is a GERP game, and what’s a GERP mini-game? (Ratto)
4. Can anyone recommend a game? How do you start a game in the GERP? (Ratto)
5. How do the “Mini GERP” games get started? How do I find out what games we’re in? (Ratto)
6. What are the stages of the GERP (v2.0!) (Durus)
a. Discovery (Durus)
b. Expedition (Ratto)
c. Settlement (Ratto)
d. Domain (Durus)
7. Games currently GERPed and GERPing!
a. Final Fantasy (Ratto) *moved very quickly into “Domain.”
b. ESO (Ratto) *Just launched!
c EQNL (Ratto) *Closed Beta
d. Diablo 3 (Durus) * “Community” Mini-game
e. WildStar (Durus) * Launch date, GA, and NDA lift.
f. and more! (Durus – GERP status page)
8. Only you can make sure we play “ALL THE GAMES!”
9. Portal! (www.aie-guild.org) Forums! Jabber! Hashtag #aieguild
@thedurus, find him in the Imperium Ludi section of the forums, on Jabber, and ALL THE PLACES!
@RattoZatto, and read the various articles on the blog I write for at: http://www.acrosstheboardgames.net
Next week we’ll be talking to Grimbane chatting about Elder scrolls online
Stay tuned, as we’ve got a full ride of great AIE members segments coming right up, including…
– Much Lesser Known Shas
– Ask Miss Mulgra
– Overly Dramatic News
– Hailing Frequencies
– Azeroth Archives
– Buxley’s Journal
But first, if you need to reach us
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Twitter @aiepodcast, @shownotfound @acuzod @alludra_aie
– We record live with video every Thursday at 9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific. You can join the chatroom and play along with us, or watch one of our past shows, on our website at TheAIEPodcast.com
– Our theme was composed by the amazing Andrew Allen, follow him at @keyswithsoul! or visit his website keyswithsoul.com! his kickstarter with super hero music is happening now! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coverville/andrew-allen-trio-the-music-of-marvel-and-dc?ref=live
Kudos to Mewkow for this week’s show title.