We now have Jabber
As was discussed during Nerdtacular 2012, one of our goals has been to introduce common instant messaging and chat services across all of the games under the AIE umbrella.
We are pleased to announce that the AIE Jabber server is now live. Additionally, you will be able to use the same username and password that you use for UMAMI.
Currently, we are allowing any member to create chatrooms. However, only officers and/or Jabber admins will be able to make them permanent.
To access the service, you will need to do the following.
- Log in to UMAMI.
- From the configuration menu with the gear icon in the upper, right-hand corner, select “Change Password”.
- Enter your new password.
- From the configuration menu in the upper, right-hand coner, select “Single Sign-On”.
- Verify that your account is showing “Synchronized”. If it’s not, click the “Synchronize” button.
- Download and install whichever XMPP/Jabber client you prefer.
- Log in as firstname.lastname@example.org, where “username” is your UMAMI login ID and the password is your UMAMI password.
For those members who haven’t used Jabber before, we are working on additional guides for how to connect to and use the Jabber services.