AIE Podcast Ep 93
AIE is good for your health, an opportunity for you to help Nerdtacular explode, how to PVP with the Force, and what the EVE gang has been up to. All that and more coming up right now. THIS is the NEW AIE Podcast…
Just a reminder that the WoW Spring Craft Fair will be happening on the weekend of April 21st and 22nd. Come bring all your toons and max out their tradeskills. There will also be a raffle to give away some great prizes. For more information or to learn how you can help out, see Syrene’s post in the AIE Azeroth forums.
It looks like we’re heading into swimsuit weather once again. For any AIE member trying to look their best in their bikini or speedo, you might like to know that AIE has an impromptu support system in place for those of you who want a little help keeping up with your exercise or weight loss goals. See Marcum’s AIE Exercise Plan post in the community forums to get encouragement and to help encourage others.
For you PVPers from a galaxy far, far away, there will be a SWTOR PVP Guild event taking place this Saturday, March 31, at 9pm server time. This is a mentoring/practice event, where you can learn how to PVP, and then put your new skills to use battling other AIE members. For more information, see Gallibond’s post in the AIE The Old Republic forums.
For you Convert To Raid fans, or AIE members who just happen to live in the Upper Midwest, Zhug will be holding an AIE/Convert To Raid meetup in Blaine, Minnesota on May 5, from 3 to 7pm at the Brunswick Zone bowling center. $20 will get you bowling, games, and food. Zhug asks that anyone interested in attending please RSVP on the Convert To Raid website or email him at email@example.com
Pandas! For anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, our own High Muckety-Muck Scott Johnson has uploaded a video of him running around and rambling through the Mists of Pandaria beta. Somewhat informative, very entertaining. You can find it on his YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/MyExtraLife
Nerdtacular is really taking shape! Every year, Scott throws a great event for AIE’rs and Frogpants Community members alike! Because he keeps ticket costs so cheap, I know that in past years he was eating a lot of the cost of the event. This is where YOU can help him out. Every donation will provide that much more quality of an event, more comfortable chairs, better sound reinforcement for the concert (Paul and Storm!), etc. Now although all the “High-Rolling” backing spots have already been filled (in the first 24 hours, YOW!), YOU, yes YOU, can help Scott make this even more an event to remember. The kickstarter has already more than 200% funding, but don’t let that stop you!
For the first time since the guild split in cataclysm AIE Warcraft is opening up a new co-guild! Alea Iacta Est Salus will be opening its doors on April 8th! So if you missed out on the fun of leveling a co guild, want to earn some cool achievements or just plain want the challenge of leveling a guild up from scratch let the officers know!
This just in. Would the member of the live chat room driving the Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth please check your vehicle? Apparently it got hungry, and now you owe another member of the audience a ride home.
For links to more information about these topics, see our show notes in the AIE community forum.
And with that, let’s welcome this week’s guests…
What we’ve been up to since the last EVE segment:
- We’ve spent the past month back in our home region, Fountain:
- Most of this time has been spent cleaning up the mess made by the intergalactic squatters know as the g0dfathers
- [Short explanation of Fountain’s NPC pocket]
- [why people would want to live there]
- [why we’re unable to control it]
- Destroyed ALL their starbases and customs offices
- Camped them in station
- This lead to the Bulgarian and English speaking groups in their alliance to split into two separate alliances
- Skirmishes with the PIZZA Thrasher gangs
- PIZZA is an offshoot of the 4chan group Elite Space Guild.
- They send small man 5-10 gangs into our space nightly. They fly mostly cheap ships.
- These are tons of fun for us to fight against since our jump bridge and intel networks give us a pretty decent advantage.
- As of this week we’re deployed in the North with Goons and the CFC for the foreseeable future
- Cotel… tell us about the three Titan kills on Saturday
- We’ve started up a free ship moving service to open to all corp members. Members can check the forums for details.
- Talk about TAXIL
- We’re expecting to open recruitment back up in April
And that’s our show for tonight, We want to thank Beaubot, Cotel, Rahst, and Senile for joining us! Next week we’ll be talking to Lanctharus and Stigg.
Stay tuned, as we’ve got some great AIE member segments coming right up, including…
Things I Learned in EVE
Ask Miss Mulgra
Alludra’s Non Combat Pets
But first, if you need to reach us, we can be found at…
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Twitter @aiepodcast, @shownotfound @acuzod @alludra_aie
– Ustream: http://ustream.tv/channel/the-aie-podcast